Anodized aluminum trim restore

I didn’t really do anything with the trim I am using other than clean it up, I know this topic has been talked about a bunch but I did a little experiment after watching some YouTube videos on extra trim I had. 

figured this would be a cool post to add any tips and tricks you’ve found 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tnfastbk said:

I sent mine out to be chromed. I know its not "correct" but really could care less. 

Care to share the price on that?

very curious also how bout pics!

13 hours ago, Trevynd said:

I didn’t really do anything with the trim I am using other than clean it up, I know this topic has been talked about a bunch but I did a little experiment after watching some YouTube videos on extra trim I had. 

figured this would be a cool post to add any tips and tricks you’ve found 

Nice job on the video.........Thank you

Last fall I did all the trim pieces for the 71 mach and the 68 gt. It takes a long time and a lot of patience. You did every step that I did other than a finished red jewelers rouge buff at the end. It will look exactly like chrome if the rouge is used. One other tip put the trim pieces in the oven for 15 mins at 3-400 degrees then spray it. The anodizing will come off easier.  Make sure you get every speck of anodizing off. Other wise it will not change color in that spot with the rest of the trim and you will see it. Clear Lacquer coat when completed for a lasting shine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trevynd said:

Care to share the price on that?

very curious also how bout pics!

Prices vary by region and quality unfortunately. I will get you some pics later as the car is already at the rod run. I am heading up later today.

• Like 1