Anodized aluminum trim restore

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
429CJ, 4 Speed, 3.25 Traction Lock N case, A/C, P/W, tilt, fold down seats, int. wipers, deluxe interior.
I didn’t really do anything with the trim I am using other than clean it up, I know this topic has been talked about a bunch but I did a little experiment after watching some YouTube videos on extra trim I had. 

figured this would be a cool post to add any tips and tricks you’ve found 

Good tip, like to see them kept “original” where possible.

13 hours ago, Trevynd said:

I didn’t really do anything with the trim I am using other than clean it up, I know this topic has been talked about a bunch but I did a little experiment after watching some YouTube videos on extra trim I had. 

figured this would be a cool post to add any tips and tricks you’ve found 

Anybody get this stuff re-anodized?
Yes I have had the dents removed of all of the aluminum trim  on the outside of my sled and had it  polished and bright dipped. I also had all of the trim of the fold down seat  straightened,  polished and chromed. All of it was done by King of Trim in California. It was not cheap and going into it I knew it would be expensive so what did I do?  I worked hard and saved my money and I paid for the service. If you want it done correctly and have it done like the factory did them originally then your going to have to pay for the skills of the guy who can do it right. Don't expect top quality associated with cheap. I am very happy with their work and my trim is perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have had the dents removed of all of the aluminum trim  on the outside of my sled and had it  polished and bright dipped. I also had all of the trim of the fold down seat  straightened,  polished and chromed. All of it was done by King of Trim in California. It was not cheap and going into it I knew it would be expensive so what did I do?  I worked hard and saved my money and I paid for the service. If you want it done correctly and have it done like the factory did them originally then your going to have to pay for the skills of the guy who can do it right. Don't expect top quality associated with cheap. I am very happy with their work and my trim is perfect.
Rough costs?

I had the trim on a ‘73 Mustang re-anodized a few years ago.  It was really in bad shape from an appearance standpoint.  It looked better, but certainly did not look new.

Back