1972 AC car blower motor replacement

My heater blower motor is really noisy.  I suppose I need to replace it.

The car had water inside for years from a leaky cowl, moist environment.  Affected the motor?

When I restored the interior and rebuilt all the plenum boxes I probably just hit the squirrel fan with 12V and said, yup, it works.

So, has anyone changed one out lately?

Looks like it will come right out of the side of the plenum.  The gas pedal assembly looks like it needs to come out.

There needs to be room for the squirrel cage to come out the side,  and with out the gas pedal, it seems clear until the steering column.

I have plenty of pictures, but it was a couple years ago that the interior was reassembled.

Could it be this simple or am I missing something?

Thought I'd ask if anyone has replaced the motor leaving all the rest of the bits in the car?

Thanks

I did this recently.  Yes, you can remove it from the drivers side.  The 3 bolts are a contortionist job, but the flange on the motor has a flat side designed to clear for easy removal.  You have a connector on the orange power wire then a ring terminal with the ground screwed to dash ground.

I removed my console and shifter handle so I could snake in from the passengers side and slide in under the steering wheel.  Yep, 54 and 200 lbs and I did it.

kcmash

Very doable. I did it all from the driver's side without removing the console. I suggest you remove the driver's seat so it is easier. You will have to do some of the work by feel since it is hard to look up there but your hands will get there. The gas pedal gets a bit on the way so if you disconnect it from the carb and hold it to the floor it will give you some space for your head so you can look up the dash. You will have the 3 bolts as mentioned plus the wiring connections.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Awesome!

Thank you both for the replies.

Exactly what it looked like and thanks for the verification.

Tomorrow, Saturday, job to do...