Been out of the loop for a while now.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Everwood

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang convertible
It's been a while.

It was an extremely tough year in 2020 and early 21 but trying to get back in the groove a little at a time. My wife was diagnosed with a very ugly liver cancer that was untreatable in Sept of 20 and I became caretaker when hospice was not around as she wanted to die at home. She passed away in Jan of this year.

Anyway we took a few pics last weekend so I thought I would share a few.

Mustand-Angle.jpg

Mustand-rear.jpg

Mustang-1 (002).jpg

Mustang-2 (002).jpg

So sorry for your loss, but welcome back.  Grief has it's own timeline and maybe this is a step at re-engaging.  I know it can be hard.

Car looks great, and the photos are terrific!  Your front tag reminded me of when not only County but last name initial was included; my last Kansas tag was SW C 109x and that was, "ahem", sometime in the 70s.  Also in the 70s, I went to a local Mustang club meet in Nebraska, straight up from Topeka and right over the state line it seems.  And that's really about all I can tell you - lol.

I find some of my greatest moments of peace are behind the wheel on a long road with a destination of nowhere in particular... just you, the car and the cruise.

Condolences for your loss, Everwood.  Here's to hoping the road ahead brings healing and happiness.

Thanks for sharing the well-composed photos of your convertible!  

Hi Everwood,

My heart goes out to you and your family. My wife Sally also passed this year in my arms (April 20th 2021).  She also was from Kansas (paola). Sally also passed at home,  I was so Thankful to have her here at home. 

Gorgeous car, I bet she loved the open air ride. Take care and write any time! Im here.

Rod and Sally 

My heart goes out to you, I am sorry for your loss. That is a gorgeous convertible and awesome background in the pictures. I'll bet there are fond memories with the top down and cruising with your wife.

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how difficult it has been for you.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Welcome back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the kind comments and encouragement.

I took her out for some air time today and she posed for a few pics at an old gas station.

Check out the gas delivery truck. 

Price on the pumps was $.25.9  and $.27.9 for premium.  

W5 good one.jpg

W7 goog.jpg

W10  good.jpg

W6 gas truck.jpg

Gas pump $.25.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry for your lost.  I'm for sure she was smiling and looking down on you when you got the car out for the drive.  The gas pumps and pricing fit the time period of the car.  Great pics of both.

Back