• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Hi & Low Horn

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Sportsroof Bright Red.

Hi,

I'm looking for a set of hi and low horns for my 71.  PM me if you got a set at a reasonable price.  Just a little fyi - while at the hot rod power tour in Dayton my freaking GRANT horn button popped off allowing the  horns to sound.    I replaced the blown fuse today and found out that both horns are shot.  The horns must of been blowing until they fried.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my original horns rebuilt by the Horn Works. They are louder than original and I am very happy with them. I got tired of my stupid grant steering wheel  horn button popping off every time I hit the horn. So I refinished my original wheel with parts I got from OMS and couldn’t be happier.

1978308C-66E3-4508-84C9-573293CD0226.jpeg

I had my original horns rebuilt by the Horn Works. They are louder than original and I am very happy with them. I got tired of my stupid grant steering wheel  horn button popping off every time I hit the horn. So I refinished my original wheel with parts I got from OMS and couldn’t be happier.

View attachment 55268
Looks really nice.  I don't have the original wheel and I hate to admit it but I grown to liking my grant wooden wheel. It is part of the cars history that I inherited from my brother.  I've seen that grant has reengineered their Mustang horn button to fix the problem so I will be  ordering a new one.

I did get a new wooden wheel from grant and it was the same as before. This was only about a year or two ago. Maybe they did redesign it as it was very aggravating when you hit the horn and the button would fall off. I just finally got sick of it and refinished the original one. Hope the new ones are better.

Back