WTB Hi & Low Horn

Kilgon

Hi,

I'm looking for a set of hi and low horns for my 71.  PM me if you got a set at a reasonable price.  Just a little fyi - while at the hot rod power tour in Dayton my freaking GRANT horn button popped off allowing the  horns to sound.    I replaced the blown fuse today and found out that both horns are shot.  The horns must of been blowing until they fried.

Edited by Kilgon

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

I had my original horns rebuilt by the Horn Works. They are louder than original and I am very happy with them. I got tired of my stupid grant steering wheel  horn button popping off every time I hit the horn. So I refinished my original wheel with parts I got from OMS and couldn’t be happier.

1978308C-66E3-4508-84C9-573293CD0226.jpeg

John - 72 Q Code

10 hours ago, jpaz said:

I had my original horns rebuilt by the Horn Works. They are louder than original and I am very happy with them. I got tired of my stupid grant steering wheel  horn button popping off every time I hit the horn. So I refinished my original wheel with parts I got from OMS and couldn’t be happier.

1978308C-66E3-4508-84C9-573293CD0226.jpeg

Looks really nice.  I don't have the original wheel and I hate to admit it but I grown to liking my grant wooden wheel. It is part of the cars history that I inherited from my brother.  I've seen that grant has reengineered their Mustang horn button to fix the problem so I will be  ordering a new one.

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

I did get a new wooden wheel from grant and it was the same as before. This was only about a year or two ago. Maybe they did redesign it as it was very aggravating when you hit the horn and the button would fall off. I just finally got sick of it and refinished the original one. Hope the new ones are better.

John - 72 Q Code

Don at OMS sells repop factory wheels that are very nice!  They are not cheap but they are really nice. 
0CE62068-6285-4E55-889E-AE241FA25F78.thumb.jpeg.ce6a1a6a79f05301b5901ebb7c05c084.jpeg

Edited by turtle5353
  • Like 1

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.