4 speed toploader backup switch connection

My backup lights are not working, and considering the multitude of un-connected wires and hoses I've found so far, I'm highly suspicious of the backup light also being disconnected.

Where is the connection to the wiring harness?  Can I get to it from inside the car,  under the shifter boot?

The harness connects to a four pin plug on the firewall area to the area behind the motor; it contains the backup lights and the bypassed neutral safety switch.  Backup lights are black/red (outgoing) and white/purple (incoming power).

Let me check your shorts!

http://midlifeharness.com

cactus.jpg.92e5d9d8700abc0ed60c8ccb3426248e.jpg

The switch itself connect to the back of the shifter and is pushed into a metal clip ring which also acts as an adjuster for position. I guess you already know this but.....

IMG_0819_L2.jpg

IMG_0821_L2.jpg

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

37 minutes ago, MooseStang said:

Yeah, I had partially crawled (slithered) underneath previously, the switch is there and appears to be depressing correctly.
What I could not see, is the wiring and the connection.

SOMEWHERE!! I have that pic, but can't find it right now. I have hundreds of pics!! I take another look and post if I find it. Failing that I too could slither under the car and take another pic.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!