Price is Right 50th Anniversary

mpbsr

The "Winner" of that vert needs to join this site and start reaching out to Don, Mike, Bob and Randy and start fixing all the crap that's F@*ked up with that sled.

Just remember John Wick didn’t kill all those people for a random car. It was a Mustang

Hmmm....  AC control in the dash, looks like an expansion valve on the firewall, but no condenser or compressor.  Hoses missing to the ram air air cleaner, power steering hose clamp missing.  Giving it away is probably the only way to get rid of it.

---

Mike

• 1 month later...

Congrats on the car.  

It looks like a nice driver.  The forum has a ton of info in it and is a great resource.  Check out the WIKI section.  

There are all kinds of enthusiasts here.  Some folks spend three weeks deciding what shade of slop grey paint to paint their headlight buckets with.  Others paint their engine lime green and chop a hole in the hood.  Concours to custom and all levels between.

That particular car raised some purist eyebrows because of the Mach 1 graphics applied to a convertible.  

Welcome & enjoy the new ride.

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I will be asking questions on getting her road worthy. 

15 minutes ago, Bentworker said:

Congrats on the car.  

It looks like a nice driver.  The forum has a ton of info in it and is a great resource.  Check out the WIKI section.  

There are all kinds of enthusiasts here.  Some folks spend three weeks deciding what shade of slop grey paint to paint their headlight buckets with.  Others paint their engine lime green and chop a hole in the hood.  Concours to custom and all levels between.

That particular car raised some purist eyebrows because of the Mach 1 graphics applied to a convertible.  

Thanks for that! I will be needing help getting her road worthy. Finding parts and such. I have always done my cars/motorcycles the way I want them, the purists can just look the other way. As they say, it's your car, you can do as you like. 

• Like 2

On 10/3/2021 at 3:55 AM, rio1856 said:

The "Winner" of that vert needs to join this site and start reaching out to Don, Mike, Bob and Randy and start fixing all the crap that's F@*ked up with that sled.

I will try, I'm new to the vintage Mustang scene. Who are Don, Mike and Randy? I just bought the car out of Denver, it is the Mecum car. And looks too close to the Price is right car not to be it. And yes, I want to fix the problems, of course!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bentworker said:

Congrats on the car.  

Hahaha. Sure

• Like 1

"Yes dear", has kept me in the hobby a long time...

Another welcome from an also recently acquired vert owner.  I saw your post on Facebook and posted the Mecum link.
My experience is similar to yours.   I've been wanting another stang for years (decades).   I thought I was buying something mostly "turnkey", and am now running into repairs that keep me off the road.   Soon (I hope).

Another kudos to the guys here on the forum.  Everyone has been great, helpful, and very knowledgeable.
Let's see some more pics!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Johnny57 said:

What? You think this is a joke? Everything is the same as the Mecum car...

As long as I could remember, the Price Is Right gave away new cars and merchandise.  

The woman who won this Mustang was very excited.  I would venture to say, she probably could not tell the difference between the different Mustang models.

It is a well established fact a standard Mach 1 has a higher value than a standard convertible.

Image her dismay when she finds out that the car she won was a fake.  This would no different than if she had won a Rolex only to discover what she won was a cheap street corner knock off.

So, yes this is a joke and a cruel one at that.  Unless the Price Is Right provided documentation listing her winnings as a regular Mustang convertible, not a Mach 1 convertible, they could be sued for fraud.

4 minutes ago, Mac said:

As long as I could remember, the Price Is Right gave away new cars and merchandise.  

The woman who won this Mustang was very excited.  I would venture to say, she probably could not tell the difference between the different Mustang models.

It is a well established fact a standard Mach 1 has a higher value than a standard convertible.

Image her dismay when she finds out that the car she won was a fake.  This would no different than if she had won a Rolex only to discover what she won was a cheap street corner knock off.

So, yes this is a joke and a cruel one at that.  Unless the Price Is Right provided documentation listing her winnings as a regular Mustang convertible, not a Mach 1 convertible, they could be sued for fraud.

The way you posted your first post, it came across as if you were treating me as I didn't know crap about Mustangs, or the car I just bought. And unless it's not unusual to have a Screaming yellow 72 vert with yellow ram valves and those exact new tires and rims, I believe I own that car now. And everywhere I have seen, it was listed as a tribute car. One person wrote the show listed the cars value at 28,000.00. Which is vert money, not Mach money. Which I'm sure she didn't know the difference.