Price is Right 50th Anniversary

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "Winner" of that vert needs to join this site and start reaching out to Don, Mike, Bob and Randy and start fixing all the crap that's F@*ked up with that sled.

Hmmm....  AC control in the dash, looks like an expansion valve on the firewall, but no condenser or compressor.  Hoses missing to the ram air air cleaner, power steering hose clamp missing.  Giving it away is probably the only way to get rid of it.

Congrats on the car.  

It looks like a nice driver.  The forum has a ton of info in it and is a great resource.  Check out the WIKI section.  

There are all kinds of enthusiasts here.  Some folks spend three weeks deciding what shade of slop grey paint to paint their headlight buckets with.  Others paint their engine lime green and chop a hole in the hood.  Concours to custom and all levels between.

That particular car raised some purist eyebrows because of the Mach 1 graphics applied to a convertible.  

Welcome & enjoy the new ride.

Thanks for that. I will be asking questions on getting her road worthy. 

Congrats on the car.  

It looks like a nice driver.  The forum has a ton of info in it and is a great resource.  Check out the WIKI section.  

There are all kinds of enthusiasts here.  Some folks spend three weeks deciding what shade of slop grey paint to paint their headlight buckets with.  Others paint their engine lime green and chop a hole in the hood.  Concours to custom and all levels between.

That particular car raised some purist eyebrows because of the Mach 1 graphics applied to a convertible.  

Thanks for that! I will be needing help getting her road worthy. Finding parts and such. I have always done my cars/motorcycles the way I want them, the purists can just look the other way. As they say, it's your car, you can do as you like. 

The "Winner" of that vert needs to join this site and start reaching out to Don, Mike, Bob and Randy and start fixing all the crap that's F@*ked up with that sled.

I will try, I'm new to the vintage Mustang scene. Who are Don, Mike and Randy? I just bought the car out of Denver, it is the Mecum car. And looks too close to the Price is right car not to be it. And yes, I want to fix the problems, of course!

I will try, I'm new to the vintage Mustang scene. Who are Don, Mike and Randy? I just bought the car out of Denver, it is the Mecum car. And looks too close to the Price is right car not to be it. And yes, I want to fix the problems, of course!
Hey man welcome aboard! It's great that you have the car and are willing and able to make it what you want. To answer your question, Don is the owner of "Ohio Mustang Supply" and if you need any new or used parts reach out to him he is a tremendous resource when it comes to restoring and repairing these  cars, and he is a great guy with a wealth of knowledge about these cars. Mike is the owner of "Motorcity Mustangs" again another top guy when it comes to used parts and a terrific guy to deal with. Randy, owns "Midlife Harness Restoration" and he is a "Steely eyed electrical  wizard man" when it comes to anything about your wiring or electrical issues he's the guy, none better although he always says he "Wants to check your shorts" All these guys are vendors and are top sponsors on the forum and they support all of us 100% so you can't go wrong reaching out to them. Have fun with your build! Also please post pics as you progress, we love pics on this site.

Rio 

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the car.  

Hahaha. Sure

Another welcome from an also recently acquired vert owner.  I saw your post on Facebook and posted the Mecum link.
My experience is similar to yours.   I've been wanting another stang for years (decades).   I thought I was buying something mostly "turnkey", and am now running into repairs that keep me off the road.   Soon (I hope).

Another kudos to the guys here on the forum.  Everyone has been great, helpful, and very knowledgeable.
Let's see some more pics!

One of my first easy fixes...    turn the rear spoiler around.
Why do so many verts seem to be installed this way? 

One of my first easy fixes...    turn the rear spoiler around.
Why do so many verts seem to be installed this way? 
LOL, I noticed that yesterday when I was showing my friend the car. Love that wing! 

I had a bought new 73 Grande, and a used 73 fastback a few years later. really never thought I would get another one with the prices as they are. So I had made my own tribute car a year ago. And this came along and I just couldn't resist...

mustang  yellow 72 97.jpg

a4.jpg

What? You think this is a joke? Everything is the same as the Mecum car...
As long as I could remember, the Price Is Right gave away new cars and merchandise.  

The woman who won this Mustang was very excited.  I would venture to say, she probably could not tell the difference between the different Mustang models.

It is a well established fact a standard Mach 1 has a higher value than a standard convertible.

Image her dismay when she finds out that the car she won was a fake.  This would no different than if she had won a Rolex only to discover what she won was a cheap street corner knock off.

So, yes this is a joke and a cruel one at that.  Unless the Price Is Right provided documentation listing her winnings as a regular Mustang convertible, not a Mach 1 convertible, they could be sued for fraud.

As long as I could remember, the Price Is Right gave away new cars and merchandise.  

The woman who won this Mustang was very excited.  I would venture to say, she probably could not tell the difference between the different Mustang models.

It is a well established fact a standard Mach 1 has a higher value than a standard convertible.

Image her dismay when she finds out that the car she won was a fake.  This would no different than if she had won a Rolex only to discover what she won was a cheap street corner knock off.

So, yes this is a joke and a cruel one at that.  Unless the Price Is Right provided documentation listing her winnings as a regular Mustang convertible, not a Mach 1 convertible, they could be sued for fraud.
The way you posted your first post, it came across as if you were treating me as I didn't know crap about Mustangs, or the car I just bought. And unless it's not unusual to have a Screaming yellow 72 vert with yellow ram valves and those exact new tires and rims, I believe I own that car now. And everywhere I have seen, it was listed as a tribute car. One person wrote the show listed the cars value at 28,000.00. Which is vert money, not Mach money. Which I'm sure she didn't know the difference.

Back