Anybody know about the Hood stencil for a 73 Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoods are painted as you know. The stencil I got was from Graphics Express in Florida. It is not totally correct, BUT could be cut down the exact middle to widen it by about a 1/2 inch either side. Again depending on what you want, an exact replica or something close. There have been many posts on this subject if you do a search. There are pictures and details on position and size for correct placement. Actually, my painter just used it as a guide and then used 3M plastic tape to lay it out. My hood is incorrect and was totally my fault as I told him the front edge was 2" from the hood edge, but I forgot the 1" trim was not yet on. The front edge should be around 1 7/8" to 2", mine is 3". Oh well, no one has ever questioned it at shows, it is what it is.

Here's the link to David's post on dimensions.

https://7173mustangs.com/forums/topic/32908-measurments-for-hood-black-out/?do=findComment&comment=338133

Last edited by a moderator:
Thays great info im doing this myself i an a painter But i like to see a video ..is there any video's ?  Also does the stencil from Graphic's Ex First painting the hood yellow ,,Then stick on stencil then you peel first layer off then paint hood,,black then peel last layer off then wet sand and clear coat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back