Hello from Colorado Springs-1972 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
Hello! I recently bought a 1972 Mach 1 and absolutely love it. I have always been partial to 1971-73 Mustang, so it feels great to finally own one of my dream cars. Until now I have been in the Foxbody world, having owned 2 mid-80s Mustangs and a 1981 Capri. My 72 was restored before I bought it, and is in very good driving condition but I don't have a lot of details about its history. I will be ordering a Marti Report. It is an H-code car but currently has 4V heads, Edelbrock Performer-4V intake and Holley 750 carb. Looking forward to learning more about tuning carburetors. I will be doing little things like restoring the engine bay to a more stock appearance (getting the ram air plenum/air cleaner assembly; relocating all the aftermarket MSD ignition stuff somewhere else so I can put the window washer reservoir back where it goes, etc). The interior is in really good shape, but the former owner cut the radio bezel to put in a modern din stereo. I ordered a replica bezel and am looking for an oem radio, preferably the 8-track stereo. I will probably hide a newer stereo in the glove box or somewhere to plug in an iPod. Not a big fan of the Custom Sound replica radios. They look pretty good, but I would prefer the original. 

I'm looking forward to learning and sharing information about these cars and participating in the discussions on the forum!

IMG_20210807_214855_759.jpg

IMG_20210807_214855_838.jpg

20210710_144903.jpg

20210925_193712.jpg

20210925_190809.jpg

Welcome to the forum.  My first Mustang was a red Grande (77-82), love the color.   Yours looks great!

I'm also recently joined the forum.  There's a mountain of good info here, and every one is always willing to help out with good advice. 

Congrats 

Wow!  She is a Beaute!  Hello and welcome from League City TX!   I placed my MDS ignition box on the passenger side mounted on frame where the radiator and condenser is mounted where there is plenty of room.  I also installed the repro plenum on the hood.  A word of caution though.  There is a height restriction associated with it.  The intake manifold has to be short similar to the factory intake.  Also, aftermarket distributors have giraffe necks and will clash with the Ram Air air cleaner assembly.  The only way I got it work was to stay with the factory distributor.  Its definitely a trial and error effort!  Good luck!!

Welcome from Ohio and thanks for the pictures.  The car looks great and from the pics appears to be in great shape.  Keep us posted on your work and when you get a chance post a few more pics of under the hood.  

I've got the Performance and an Edelbrock carb on mine. It fits, but it might be compressing the gasket a bit more than it should.  On my list to investigate. 

Welcome from North Idaho!  Those are some great glamor photos you took, quite stunning.

Just a suggestion as you make a list of things you are looking to address; I think your rear wing is on backwards.
Chris, I have been looking at profile shots of the Mach 1 wing on other cars and I am having trouble determining for sure if it's backwards. Here are some more shots of mine. When I look at other pictures it seems right to me, but then sometimes I see a photo from another angle and I question myself. 🤔

20210710_094654.jpg

20211004_164613.jpg

Chris, I have been looking at profile shots of the Mach 1 wing on other cars and I am having trouble determining for sure if it's backwards. Here are some more shots of mine. When I look at other pictures it seems right to me, but then sometimes I see a photo from another angle and I question myself. 🤔

View attachment 55423

View attachment 55424
My bad; I was mistaken.  Your wing is perfect!  Sorry about that.

Welcome from NC.  Very cool car brother.

Back