Where do you get your supplies/tools/misc support stuff

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
My wife sells stuff on EBay, and so, I go with her to thrift stores and such. As I continue to buildup my supplies of stuff I need for my 73 restoration, I am surprised at the great stuff I have found at those places. The other day I scored a Hayden trans cooler for $10, new in box. I also got 4 really great 2 ton jack stands for $15 each AND got a 20% senior discount 😀. I’ve really been able to outfit my shop with the stuff I need, as well as a few car items.

Have any of you been so lucky?

Yes, my wife liked to frequent the thrift stores, until the pandemic hit us. I would go along, too, look through the electronic, hardware and automotive stuff. I didn't get a lot of tools, but did get other things like some nice $200 storage cabinets for $19, speakers, cables, etc.

Cpooutlets.com

You can get some pretty good deals on name brand tools, new and reconditioned.
I have been buying my Milwaukee stuff from them, but they are apparently not listing them.
Stock is continously changing, but I always check them first before going to a store.

I found this today. Cost me a whole $.20, that’s not a typo.

View attachment 62585
$.20 is a steal but you will find that book is very generic on more than routine maint in todays world but it was the bible for the young grease monkeys willing to learn and work back then. I would preserve it in a frame to be hopefully passed on to family and be a survivor! When you find keepers like that you just have to cherish the good old days.. Kind of like below...

And back to tools, ebay deals on old Snap On's is always a pleasure. A complete "broke-in" set of SAE & metric crows feet @ $10 for reaching power steering fittings and header to connecter flange bolts, etc., is my favorite score to date.

Attachments

• D9E0257E-A81D-4FFE-B51A-0F2324B75296.jpeg
    D9E0257E-A81D-4FFE-B51A-0F2324B75296.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
I like that a 71-73 is on the cover. Yes, super generic info, but for the beginner, it would be useful. Has nice wiring diagrams in it, just not for a 73 😩

Back