Rear floor sheet metal replacement

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cribbs74

Reaction score
I am redoing the floor pans in my sons 72 coupe. I’ve already replaced the front full length pans and was hoping to use the steel off of the grande parts car to do the section under the rear seats. However, after removing the rear seats from the parts car I found the floor to be just as bad.

My question is does anyone repop the rear section? I can find the entire floor, but not just the rear section. Had I known how bad it was going to be I would have done the entire floor, too late now. I can piece sections together , but would prefer to just replace it all in one go.

Do I have any options? 

Thanks,

Ron

Thanks Tony, 

I am still on the fence as I have the steel to fix it as sits, however my time is valuable these days.  Great to know that the 69/70 pans fit with minor effort. 

I read through your thread, good info.

Floor pans and patch work on the rear complete. I’d say roughly 50hrs of work over the course of a week. I decided to patch the rear as I had the weld steel and wasn’t really worried about it ever being seen. Probably would have saved time installing the ‘70 panels though. It’s not something I want to do again, not to mention all the welding fumes I inhaled. Anyway, it’s done and it’s solid. I am not a welder by trade, but know enough to be dangerous. If you have the money hire someone to do it for you!

1A8CEA33-86BF-47F5-9033-10175B2A2FAD.jpeg

31A53BDA-3765-4508-ACC6-390271763750.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks,

It looks good enough :classic_biggrin:

I am not an experienced welder, but I made good penetration where needed and it’s solid and not going anywhere. It definitely has more welds than from the factory.

I am just happy it’s over with. Thanks for commenting.

Back