71 lime sportsroof

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
429CJ, 4 Speed, 3.25 Traction Lock N case, A/C, P/W, tilt, fold down seats, int. wipers, deluxe interior.
I know, I know...I have an addiction. This car was close to me and I’m so glad I worked out a deal with the guy to be able to take it home. Decided to ordered a marti and found out it was quite a nice equipped sportsroof. 

I did post a video of this on my YouTube if you follow it! If not check out tdays21 on YouTube for my channel! 

FDD666A9-6882-4731-AB45-BBF91991C319.jpeg

AE2875DB-9F46-49D7-B9BD-749D0A300D84.jpeg

6CCDB2A7-33D8-42B0-AE47-44963FD9E56D.png

D8BC61FD-E2CF-427E-A905-BC942A364986.jpeg

742FC34A-F64E-4DAF-AC61-41070C117CFC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s one heck of an addiction to have… Very nice find!

Nicely equipped car. Will make a great driver when you don't want to shift gears in the 429 car.
Definitely a very original car too! Lots of details I didn’t know about when tearing down or cool markings as well as some rare pieces I needed for my other one! 

You're taking really good cars away from Isostatic's ability to import them to Great Britain.  On the other hand, you could probably double your money back by selling him this vehicle!

You're taking really good cars away from Isostatic's ability to import them to Great Britain.  On the other hand, you could probably double your money back by selling him this vehicle!
Haha! Now you’re talking! 

I wish these cars didn’t have all the structural rust damage then they might be worth doing something with. 

In the mean time I’ll keep looking and saving what I can! 

Now, if that was a Grabber Lime Mach 1, I'm be in awe. That would be my dream car, just like the very first one I ever saw back in 1972 in Birmingham, England and the reason I fell in love with Mach 1's. Save it if you can even though it's a fastback 302.

Now, if that was a Grabber Lime Mach 1, I'm be in awe. That would be my dream car, just like the very first one I ever saw back in 1972 in Birmingham, England and the reason I fell in love with Mach 1's. Save it if you can even though it's a fastback 302.
I think the fact that this car is NOT a Mach 1 makes it pretty unique and cool.  Based on the YouTube videos, it's probably not worth saving.  But if Trevynd had the means, it would be an awesome car to restore back to original.  Just sucks it wouldn't be worth a fraction of the cost it would take to restore it.

I think the fact that this car is NOT a Mach 1 makes it pretty unique and cool.  Based on the YouTube videos, it's probably not worth saving.  But if Trevynd had the means, it would be an awesome car to restore back to original.  Just sucks it wouldn't be worth a fraction of the cost it would take to restore it.
 true and totally agree. All it takes is MONEY!! 

It's more about the time you want to put in it than money. There is tons to do on this one tho (seen the vid).
As I always say to myself, no matter if okish, bad or worse, they all need the same amount of paint in the end :D
Good luck!

The nice thing about having a car that is not a desirable 'collectable' is that you can do whatever you want to make it your car, without worrying about if your modifications are devaluing it.

According to Mustang by the Numbers, in 71 there were only 26 Grabber Lime Fastbacks with White Knit Vinyl Decor.  No way to know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet the majority of those were Mach 1s.
The Decor Group wasn't available on the Mach 1, only the convertible, sportsroof and the Boss 351. 

I don’t think I appreciated the grabber lime color until I saw it in person, it’s definitely really cool! There’s definitely something about these cars that grab on to you and make you fall in love! I got the bug when I was a kid and it never left me 

Believe it or not that’s part of what I like about it the most too. It has the look, it had cool options, nothing fancy in the drivetrain (minus traction lock) but it was unique. Always makes me wish I could go back in time and see was this car ordered with specific options by someone who wanted them? 

At this point I don’t really have the means to full on restore it but if I wasn’t 3/4 of the way through on my other one I prob would of tried. I would need to take it down all the way tho and see how bad some frame rails and torque boxes are cuz from a quick glance I was seeing a deck of cards in rust in too many important places 

It's more about the time you want to put in it than money. There is tons to do on this one tho (seen the vid).
As I always say to myself, no matter if okish, bad or worse, they all need the same amount of paint in the end :D
Good luck!
Good words! I had a lot of metal work in my Mach and that was expensive but this one easily needs 3X more work and sheetmetal 

so sad to see it like this

The nice thing about having a car that is not a desirable 'collectable' is that you can do whatever you want to make it your car, without worrying about if your modifications are devaluing it.
So true the way I see it is if this car can contribute to others in helping them restore another then it’s not wasted. Plus it really helped me see how things go together and having it as reference has been amazing 

Back