Problems with Forel CD for Mustang parts manual and repair manual.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry365

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 Q code 4 spd.
So I went to use my repair manual on the computer and it wouldn't load up. I think it said file not found. Then I tried my parts manual, same thing. Tried to reinstall them and the installer wouldnt work. couldnt find an update for the installer. I was wondering if it has something to do with flash player being discontinued. I really dont want to have to buy new manuals. Anyone have any ideas on what to do? 

Go to the Ford manuals website.  They are aware of this problem and can make copies of the manuals you have purchased that don't need the Forel digital rights management software.  It helps if you have your license keys.

Same thing happened with me...I think it was forel as well.

I went online and either contacted forel by phone or by email (can’t remember).

gave them my licence key #, and they got it working for me, from their end

hope that helps

If you contact them, they will send it in PDF form provided you have a license key from your original purchase. I had Forel 71 wiring diagrams as well as body parts. With the PDF it's open source now and no more problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the PDF it's open source now and no more problems.
No more problems to open the files yes, but it's a big long long long loooooong pdf.

The 71 manual from them for instance is 1691 pages pdf... 

I don't get why a company with manuals/doc as core business offer these that way. They could at least offer an interactive table of content in the pdf at the top vs stoopid copy-paste of paper scans exported from Word or similar amateur tools. It takes ages to locate a part you want to read about.

I guess it's me being an old monkey again! Sorry for that! :D

The documents are created by scanning the old hard copy manuals.  It's Really Hard to take a scan of an old document, run it through an optical character recognition application, fix all the mis-read part numbers and then go in and check Every Single part number to make sure it can be found. 

No more problems to open the files yes, but it's a big long long long loooooong pdf.

The 71 manual from them for instance is 1691 pages pdf... 

I don't get why a company with manuals/doc as core business offer these that way. They could at least offer an interactive table of content in the pdf at the top vs stoopid copy-paste of paper scans exported from Word or similar amateur tools. It takes ages to locate a part you want to read about.

Try using the Bookmarks tab on the LH side, this is the Forel '66 manual

FOREL_TOC.JPG

On mac preview (default PDF reader), I see just now that the table of content that came on by default if present in the file was relocated and made optional.
Guess I did not had the use for it for a while since MacOS update.

The old monkey me stands corrected! Thanks for the pict, it reactivated my brain and will save me scrolling fun! :O

Really, I don't know WHY Forel did not simply remove that damn License Manager crap and do like most others do with CD discs, you buy it, register it and USE IT!! I guess they figured it would be cheaper for them to offer pdf's rather than replace all the discs they sold over the years. I only have the two discs, 71  colorized wiring diagrams and 71 body parts Illustrated. I have a complete set of original 71 Ford manuals, a bonus gift when I bought my car. 

While here, Forel actually sent me (by mistake) the 67 Cougar, Fairlane, Falcon, Mustang shop manual in pdf that I have no use for. I kept it anyway. 

Back