Supply chain issues?

Anyone experiencing supply chain issues in finding parts?

I went in to buy new front disk brake set up (rotors, pads, and shocks) this afternoon.

For what I use of the car (pleasure drives) I don’t need high end wildwoods, so I was looking for quality stock equivalent parts.

Premium pads and kyb shocks were easy to find, but quality rotors are no where to be found in the area.

Back ordered everywhere....best guess of 4-6 months to fill my order

its a good thing that my car is ready to be “put to bed” for the winter, so hopefully they will eventually arrive and I will have a Spring project

Also, i ordered those blue dash light diffuser globes back in April, they arrived this week

maybe it’s just a Canada thing?

Not just a Canada thing. Often have to visit several different sites to find what I need in stock.

Not just parts, either. Needed 140 12"x12"x2" concrete pavers today, neither Lowes nor Home Depot had them locally or at nearby cities. Fortunately a regional hardware chain (Jerry's) had pallets of them at their local stores.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Sheriff41 said:

Did you check Rock Auto for brake rotors?  I think they ship to Canada.

I have gotten a few 71-3 everyday parts off Rock Auto delivered North of the Border and a ton of parts over the last year for my 300 ZX. Love Rock Auto for parts and they ship quick and reasonable (all duties included). It is getting harder to find older car parts here though…

• Like 1

"Yes dear", has kept me in the hobby a long time...

I buy the bulk of my parts off Rock Auto & Amazon. Local chain places (Autozone, Advance, O'Reilly) are a last resort due to exorbitant prices for the same parts. Summit Racing also sells replacement parts and AFIAK will ship to Canada.  

Rock has a variety of rotors in stock.  https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1971,mustang,5.8l+351cid+v8,1132692,brake+&+wheel+hub,rotor,1896

As does Summit: https://www.summitracing.com/search/department/brake-systems/section/disc-brakes/part-type/brake-rotors/year/1973/make/ford/model/mustang

I used the ACDelco 18A1345 rotors on my 71 with Hawk pads and they've been great for nearly five years. I did replace the installed races with the ones in the USA made Timken bearings I used. 

• Like 1

I have bought a bunch of replacement parts for my 72 off of Rock Auto and they have never had a problem shipping to Canada. Only time its any problem is bigger items where they want a lot for shipping. And in those cases I will check Amazon or locally first. But all the brake rebuild parts for mine came from Rock Auto besides the front pads since I got Hawk pads and Rock Auto didnt carry them. 

• Like 1

All sorts of items that flow into the US are sitting on container ships off shore and are being delayed due to the current administration's handling of the various issues that occur in running this country. We are starting to see the lack of items in stores  and feeling the rising prices in our pockets. So all we can do for now is "Embrace the Suck".

Just remember John Wick didn’t kill all those people for a random car. It was a Mustang

On 10/15/2021 at 7:02 PM, RD-72 said:

Anyone experiencing supply chain issues in finding parts?

I went in to buy new front disk brake set up (rotors, pads, and shocks) this afternoon.

For what I use of the car (pleasure drives) I don’t need high end wildwoods, so I was looking for quality stock equivalent parts.

Premium pads and kyb shocks were easy to find, but quality rotors are no where to be found in the area.

Back ordered everywhere....best guess of 4-6 months to fill my order

its a good thing that my car is ready to be “put to bed” for the winter, so hopefully they will eventually arrive and I will have a Spring project

Also, i ordered those blue dash light diffuser globes back in April, they arrived this week

maybe it’s just a Canada thing?

Yes, even stock replacement parts for current cars are weeks away.  even like 2018 model car brake parts are backordered from our standard vendors.

Quality brake rotors (coated) for Fords seem to take 3 or 4 days here in upper Michigan. 

Other items that my local NAPA store always had in stock are not there, they can be had from another store the same day, but my store had to employ another full time driver, that's gotta be driving prices up.

I always call now before driving 15 minutes to town, less disapointments that way.