Has anyone replaced their seats with modern electric sears from a late model car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animal Lawyer

Reaction score
I mis the comford of infinitely adjustable seats with bolsters etc. Has anyone replaced their seats with modern electric sears from a late model car? Is so, what seats did you  use and how did you attach them (what brackets did you use)? I also understand one of the foxbody stangs had recaros as oe, anyone know which one and are they easily swapped in?

Lots of seats out there that fit your requirements, but unfortunately 99 percent of them are way too tall and leave no room for your legs. The only seats I found that are comfortable, fit in the car,  and are practically unlimited as far as adjustability are mid to late 90's BMW M3 seats. More commonly  known as "Vader" seats. You do not want the power ones,  too many headaches to install and wire with modules. Look for the manual version where everything adjusts with levers. Pretty cool looking too.

62747e548b_1280_overlay.jpg

1bf4a26eef0b0299f2094dd79fa91698.jpg

R.jpg

the vader seats are beautiful, but they are rare and few available are expensive. Any thoughts on either the 2001-4 mustang seats (looks like the rear vert seat might be made to work, too) or the focus recaro seats?

I would go sit in some seats.  The fiesta / focus Recaro seats are pretty small (If you are over 180 pounds you may find them uncomfortable).  My daily is a Fiesta ST and I had to find one without the Recaro seats.  The Recaro expert M seats I have in my mustang are totally different than the OEM ones out of the ST cars.  The M base does not have crazy bolsters and the seat back bolsters are adjustable width.  Much more comfortable for my 200 pound self.

I mis the comford of infinitely adjustable seats with bolsters etc. Has anyone replaced their seats with modern electric sears from a late model car? Is so, what seats did you use and how did you attach them (what brackets did you use)? I also understand one of the foxbody stangs had recaros as oe, anyone know which one and are they easily swapped in?
I have been down a similar path but found out as some of your replies have stated - electric seats are too high.
I tried BMW M3 from my M3 but my head touches the roof liner on low setting.
I have finally purchased a pair of Recaro seats that are perfect as they sit so low - I have to create new mounting brackets
to fit the Recaro frames but easily done for a great result.
As mine is a restomod, I used black seats with red stiching and had the rear original seats covered to match the Recaro's, they
would look good in an original build.
Regards,
Mel

I looked at a few options but wanted to find something that sat as low as possible. I ended up getting a set of the factory Recaros out of a 82 Mustang GT. They were a bit rough so I ended up getting them recovered to look like the originals. Im thrilled with how it all turned out.

You could cut out the factory seat mount that is on the floor and gain a couple of inches, which would make mounting seats from another car a lot easier. You may need to reinforce the floor pan where the seats will be bolting down, but that should not be that difficult.

Check out Procar seats, they have modern comfortable seats, and they do sell a specific mount for 1971-1973 Mustangs to mount their seats.
https://procarbyscat.com/

Back