Quarter window vertical weatherstrip

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MustangSally44

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach1
Hi everybody. My wife's 73 has waterleaks on both sides. I need to replace the weatherstrip between the window and the quarter glass. Am I right to assume the chrome strip stays on the window and the new rubber somehow fits into it. Not sure how to remove or install. What to buy, where to buy it, where not to buy it, or even the proper name. I'm in Canada so distributer would need to ship across the boarder. Thanks for your help and advise. 

20211025_111043.jpg

Hi,

The chrome strip and rubber come off as one piece (soft hammer or piece of timber to avoid marking glass). You may be able to remove and re-install without removing the window. Not sure on this as I did mine when installing the quarter window wind down conversion.

I think you may damage the roof seal if you don't remove the window.

As for where to buy - support one of the forum vendors.

Shane

You will need to take the quarter window out to do it right.  You can purchase the seal only so there is no  need to take the chrome channel off  the window.  The seal is slid in a grove and has a small screw at the bottom to secure it in place.   See below.  All the vendors carry them.

https://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=7

Last edited by a moderator:
You will need to take the quarter window out to do it right. You can purchase the seal only so there is no need to take the chrome channel off the window. The seal is slid in a grove and has a small screw at the bottom to secure it in place. See below. All the vendors carry them.

https://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=7
Is there supposed to be something in the chrome channel to hold it onto the window? Mine is hollow and I’m guessing 50 years of dirt had quite a hold on it.

Back