vertstang73

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
could you give me some details on your 408? I'm in the process of building one as we speak. Just curios how you are pleased with the performance, etc...

Mine has AFD heads along with a comp roller cam and a top loader 4 speed.

could you give me some details on your 408? I'm in the process of building one as we speak. Just curios how you are pleased with the performance, etc...

Mine has AFD heads along with a comp roller cam and a top loader 4 speed.
Sorry, I just saw your post.

Mine has 70 4V quench heads that have been modified. It has a hydr roller cam and roller rockers. The intake is a stock 70 4V intake.

I am very pleased with the performance! It dynoed with a torker intake with 532 HP & 510 tq. I took the torker off so my Ram Air could be used.

I can get you the complete specs tomorrow.

Mike

Thanks MIke. Was those numbers rear wheel numbers or crank hp numbers? I'm a little worried about my intake hieght also with my ram air but have already had it ceramic coated so gonna use it. What are your cam specs? Mine are Comp cam

.663/.638 Lift w/ 1.73 Rocker

236/242 @ .050

108 Lobe Center

Thanks again

My 73 351C has 70 4V closed chamber quench heads, roller rockers, 70 4V intake, bore 4.030 stroke 4.000, SCAT 408 stroker kit, Comp Cams hydr roller cam (291 intake duration SAE, 297 exhaust duration SAE, .558 intake valve lift, .577 exhaust valve lift, 110 lobe seperation), Pro-Systems 750 double pumper, ICE electronic ingition, Edlbrock water pump, holey mech fuel pump, Probe pistons, Melling oil pump, ARP bolt kit, Ceramic coated Hooker Comp headers, Magnaflow 2.5 stainless exhaust system

This setup was dyno'd at the flywheel.

Mike

Thanks for the info mine is finally starting to come together. Ran into some alignment issues with my March Pulley system last night. I may have the wrong bottom pulley or the wrong one for my balancer anyway. Waiting to talk to tech at March now.

0928002056 (Large).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
What balancer are you running? I am running a ATI Performance Products balancer and I had to get an adapter to get my pulleys to align.

Mike

Its a Performance Quotient (PRW) 2430203 fluid filled one. Talked with march last night and they have a 351 windsor crank pulley that looks and measures like it will align every thing up. Will order today and find out.

IMG00200-20100928-2205_1.JPG

Latest posts

Back