Measure a fender emblem location?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIBS

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sprint Tribute 302 C4 Convertible
Hi all,

I have stock passenger side fender with holes for emblem and an aftermarket drivers fender with no holes….

can someone measure where the emblem sits, say above lower crease and from front and back edge of the fender?

if you have fender without the emblem and caN measure the holes, even better!

And, is this the correct drivers emblem?

1261FAF6-A27C-4280-93DA-93A059281EE3.jpeg

84B882A6-E16A-4D10-9FF1-EB1FA50B25FB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant you take a tracing off the fender with holes. Then flip the paper over as a reverse template for the fender without holes? 

Cant you take a tracing off the fender with holes. Then flip the paper over as a reverse template for the fender without holes? 
I don't think this would work since the direction of the letters is back to front on the right fender, and are front to back on the left fender.  It should work if you just make a template of the centered vertical and horizontal position of the emblem from the right fender and use that as reference for the left one.

I don't think this would work since the direction of the letters is back to front on the right fender, and are front to back on the left fender.  It should work if you just make a template of the centered vertical and horizontal position of the emblem from the right fender and use that as reference for the left one.
Yeah tracing doesn’t work flipping it because I the M is close to the door on one side and close to the door on the other.  Templates are hard because of the same..M as starting point on one side and G on the other.  This doesn’t give me hole location under the emblem…I can get it close….

Correct Sheriff,

I should have re-worded it. Use (1) pin to get center then go from there.

Back