Rear pillar trim installation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knn

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 (302)
I have a '71 Mach 1 (fastback).  Does anyone know how these trims are installed.  I can't seem to figure out how to make the quarter trim panels work with them.

s-l1600.jpg

If it's the same as the coupe, it goes on top of the quarter panel piece, but underneath the trim piece that runs along the top of the window.

If the screw hole isn't lining up, you may need to make sure that the quarter panel piece is positioned correctly and seated down into the quarter window channel. 

PSX_20211102_164334.jpg

If it's the same as the coupe, it goes on top of the quarter panel piece, but underneath the trim piece that runs along the top of the window.

If the screw hole isn't lining up, you may need to make sure that the quarter panel piece is positioned correctly and seated down into the quarter window channel. 

View attachment 55975
They say, "A picture is worth a thousand words."  I thought the quarter trim would go over the pillar trim.  This makes so much more sense.  

Thanks!!!

Nick

Back