will 2015 -2021 Mustang GT 18" wheels fit 1973 vert?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animal Lawyer

Reaction score
I have a chance to get a set of 2015-2021 18" Mustang GT Wheels and tires (18x8 235/50R 35-50 mm offset). Does anyone know whether they will fit (without spacers or modification)?

Will definitely need adapters at a minimum. 

I have adapters on mine with zero issues. I don’t really like spacers myself (spacers are just like a big washer with holes which requires longer lug stud/bolts), but a set of good adapters (a disc which bolts in and then supplies new lugs for the wheels) are basically just as strong as any other wheel setup. 

What size adapters? Also front and rear or just front? Any particular brand/vendor recommended?

I am afraid I am not able to be much more help on the specifics brother. I got mine on Amazon and the brand I have is no longer sold.  I think some web searches will show you several name brands who have various videos touting their strength. It’s an item where I would definitely not buy the cheapest ones, and there are probably also some diminishing returns on the very high end. I bought some in the middle. 

I have 1” adapters all around but that is for 94-04 Bullitts, which I believe have less backspace than the later model Mustang wheels.  The ones I have were just a modern design take on the classic torque-thrust/bullitt look.

If the wheels you are referring to are the ones I think, the mounting surface is almost flush with the street side of the rim (they have a very positive offset is I think how that is described), so you will likely need a thicker adapter than me. Honestly though, it is best to have the rims on hand and do a lot of measuring. The tire you are mounting will obviously make a difference in fitment as well as how low the car is. 

A word of (admittedly unsolicited) advice though: the wheels with that high of an offset can look a little funky in our cars’ wheel openings. Not so much looking straight at them (like in a web simulator) but as you rotate. It’s sorta hard to describe. So make really sure you like the look before you buy new tires and spacers and all that.  Most of the larger wheels installed on classic muscle still try to have (or at least mimic) a deeper dish than the new mustangs. And please understand, I really love the wheels on the new Mustangs... I am just not sure they wouldn’t look sorta alien on our models.  So before you spend a bunch of money making them fit, just be really sure.  

Sorry I couldn’t be more help. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back