New video! Assembly on the outside

17 hours ago, mach71351c said:

What a amazing job you have done in a short time 

lots of determination! and drive to get this thing on the road so i can enjoy it! haha

Looks real nice!

When do you expect to get the engine back?

• Like 1

"The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter."

-Winston Churchill

Wow, that looks quite close to finish line, very nice job. Enjoyed the videos, remind me to get the job done on mine the same way and as soon as possible :thumb:

• Like 1

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

49 minutes ago, timachone said:

Wow, that looks quite close to finish line, very nice job. Enjoyed the videos, remind me to get the job done on mine the same way and as soon as possible :thumb:

It’s really crazy to look back at all the videos and see how far I’ve come. It’s easy to forget. But like I’ve mentioned any progress is progress! No matter how small

• Fist Bump 1

All those videos as well as the pics you've no doubt taken will, IMO, add $$$$$ to the value of your car.

I wish I had been more diligent and taken many more pictures while going through the process of bring my car to where it is today. "Pictures are worth a thousand words" as the old saying goes.

• Like 1

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

13 hours ago, Stanglover said:

All those videos as well as the pics you've no doubt taken will, IMO, add $$$$$ to the value of your car.

I wish I had been more diligent and taken many more pictures while going through the process of bring my car to where it is today. "Pictures are worth a thousand words" as the old saying goes.

Excellent point. 

And way to go Trevynd...it looks incredible!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Trevynd said:

its super cool to go back and see where ive come, also lets others know what i started with and how i got to where im at now. Its by no means perfect or concourse but it is def a very awesome solid driver i look forward to cruising around in!

I bet you are looking forward to cruising hopefully next spring............ whenever that come in Alaska! NO snow tires on that baby eh!

• Like 1

Geoff.

On 11/24/2021 at 3:46 PM, Stanglover said:

I bet you are looking forward to cruising hopefully next spring............ whenever that come in Alaska! NO snow tires on that baby eh!

Haha yes! This spring. If I would of had an engine this fall it would be done by now. 

but yes springtime is my goal, that will be just shy of 2 years restoring it. 

maybe I’ll take my other sportsroof and turn it into an ice racer so I can drive a 71mustang in the winter haha!

12 hours ago, Trevynd said:

Haha yes! This spring. If I would of had an engine this fall it would be done by now. 

but yes springtime is my goal, that will be just shy of 2 years restoring it. 

maybe I’ll take my other sportsroof and turn it into an ice racer so I can drive a 71mustang in the winter haha!

IF you've never driven a Mach 1 (or fastback) on icy roads, my advice would be, "don't". Back in 1980, I owned 2 Mustangs. One was the red 72 Q code Mach 1 4 speed and the pewter one was a 72 H code auto that I originally bought for 500 bucks as a parts car, but turned it into my "winter beater". Note the snow tires!! I also had about 150 lbs of sand bags in the back and it still slid around like a greased pig. 

061_061_01.JPG

078_078_01.JPG

• Like 1

Geoff.

12 hours ago, midlife said:

The car or the skills?

Skills are forever. The cars, not so much.

I had a seriously clapped out 71 302 fastback as a second car at 19 and worked delivering pizza evenings. I was the only one that would work during a snowstorm, as I had SnowKing snowtires like Stanglover's pewter car. People would look out at what I was driving and hand me crazy tip money. Funny part is I only got stuck one time, there was ice under the snow and I was parked facing up a hill. 

• Like 2