1973 wiring plot

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
Does anyone have a vehicle wiring diagram for a 73 Grande? I have the 72 diagram, but I’ve noticed differences on the vehicle and want to make sure they’re the same. I have the wiring diagram in the wiki section, but would really benefit from having that overall vehicle layout. Thank you, Steve.

It's a plot/conspiracy by Ford and the aftermarket not to document the 73's as thoroughly as earlier models.  There are some significant differences!

Even a picture of a Good Samaritan who happens to have the 73 large plot sized wiring diagram. My primary issue are the two plugs in the engine compartment, a 3 and 4 plug. The 72 diagram doesn’t show the same and I’m just trying to locate the oil pressure, water the pasture, and a/c compressor coil power connections. I know the wire color of each, but my under hood connectors have completely lost their color. Any help appreciated. Steve

Also drive your 73 onto the pasture and remove the lower radiator hose and you can "water the pasture". :rofl:

"The plot thickens....."

Seriously though, Midlife is the guy to talk to he's our resident wiring wizard. Good luck with your project!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back