map light option

homelessmexican

i will check my spares this weekend and let you know if I have one.

2011 Buick Regal

2010 Ford F150 Screw

2002 Triumph Trophy

1973 Dodge Challenger RT

1972 Mustang Grande Coupe

1954 Ford F100

if any one has an extra laying around was thinking i might want that option like almost 40 years later, i just hope its an easy plug and play option

In most cases it is not a plug and play

The wiring won't be there

if any one has an extra laying around was thinking i might want that option like almost 40 years later, i just hope its an easy plug and play option

+1 Chuck

+1 Chuck

+2, I bought one for my 73 convert and the harness was not there. One of these days I will check the wiring diagram and figure out how to wire one in. Ford should have made these standard on the converts since there is no dome light (unless you park under a street light or a full moon with the top down)

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

I will see if I have the harness too. Most parts places probably have tons of them in the cars.

2011 Buick Regal

2010 Ford F150 Screw

2002 Triumph Trophy

1973 Dodge Challenger RT

1972 Mustang Grande Coupe

1954 Ford F100

I found mine on e-bay. It's true the wiring isn't there but it was a pretty easy fab since I had an extra bullet connector in the spare parts box. (never, well almost never throw anything away).

Last night I went to the Route 66 event in San Bernardino, Ca. And I'll tell you driving around in the dark trying to read a map and find my parking space it was just the ticket.

attachment.php?aid=2111

My mustang is named Beth.

As in

Beth I hear you calling and I'll fix you right this time.

but both the kids need braces and I just can't spare a dime.

Just a few more paychecks and I'll get right back to you.

Oh Beth what can I do? Beth what can I do?

I think the light is supposed to work two ways, one when the door is open or the interior lights are turned on at the switch and can also be turned on by a switch on the light itself. You could just hot wire it with the bullit connector and use the switch only.

20180127_082009.jpg

If you get his assembly.

I have new lenses for 14.95

Don

Thats good to know, if I get mine installed I want to change out the old yellowed lens.

20180127_082009.jpg

If you have underdash lights, then there is a connection for the maplight. It's all part of the convenence package, which includes the underdash or courtesy, map, glove box, trunk and underhood lights. In 71 if you ordered the option, it was integral with the underdash harness. After 71, it became a totally separate harness altogether. They are out there but pricey if they are in good uncut condition. The underhood light is the hardest to find, almost like trying to find a park or belts lens for the dash. Trunk lights can be used underhood but are far from being correct. They both work on mercury switch technology.

If you have underdash lights, then there is a connection for the maplight. It's all part of the convenence package, which includes the underdash or courtesy, map, glove box, trunk and underhood lights. In 71 if you ordered the option, it was integral with the underdash harness. After 71, it became a totally separate harness altogether. They are out there but pricey if they are in good uncut condition. The underhood light is the hardest to find, almost like trying to find a park or belts lens for the dash. Trunk lights can be used underhood but are far from being correct. They both work on mercury switch technology.

My 73 convertible has the under dash lights from the factory but not the wiring for the map light. I think the underdash lights were standard on the convertibles since there is no dome light.

20180127_082009.jpg