hood scoop seals

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach172

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 72, 302, C4, restoration in progress
I just finished fresh paint on my hood. Before installing. I am guessing whether the scoop inserts were somehow sealed to prevent water leakage into engine compartment. Does anybody know ?

Are you talking about the inside of the Scoop or around the edge of the scoop. The inside of the scoop does have a cover if you are not using the ram air system. There is not seal for around the edge of the scoop though.

Thanks, I am talking about the aluminum molding to hood, not plastic inserts. So if I understand no seal was used around it, right ?

Hey guys, I used hot glue gun to install my plastic inserts grill and one fell out. I guess I should've used screws. Anybody has an extra one lying around? Thanks,

Hey guys, I used hot glue gun to install my plastic inserts grill and one fell out. I guess I should've used screws. Anybody has an extra one lying around? Thanks,
Here's a picture I sent Tnfastbk. Phillips self tapping from my old hood.

DSCN1086.JPG

Markmel, just so you know that is not an original screw

It is close but should not be self taping

Don

Markmel, just so you know that is not an original screw

It is close but should not be self taping

Don

There were only 2 at opposite corners on my old hood and noticed there were no threads on the other, not used holes. ASSumed it was normal, Sorry to anyone doing a concourse. Just what I found on mine.

Back