Fuel line clips to body

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach172

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 72, 302, C4, restoration in progress
Another question from me today.... I installed a complete new brake and fuel system over weekend to my project. I used an 3/8 aluminum fuel tube from tank. I make it connect to body at the rear close to the leaf spring bolt and in front on the torque box. Is there any other connection in between and where ? I feel the line is quite loose in apx 5 ft length. Unfortunately I did not take pictures of this section of fuel line while I was disassembling the car 3 years ago.... Any picture of this will help. Thanks for help.

Your in luck. Just took mine out last week on my 73. It's about 9 feet long so forgive the picture. The end with the blue tape is where it goes through the panel behind the shock tower. Of course you know where the clip is at the tourque box. On the 57 inch strait peice (from bend to bend)there is one at 14 1/2" at the center (This one was not a bolted clip but a clamp that has the pin in the center you push to tighten into a small hole) and another clamp at 53 1/2 at the center. on the bends at the rear there was 1 where the line changes to rubber.

DSCN1154.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man , really appreciate this... For the clamp in the straight line at 14 1/2 position, is it attached with a screw to the floor ? I can't recall as the old floors are in the garbage and new ones has no hole drilled.

This is my old line which I saved and fabricated new one.

DSCN3301.JPG
http:

No, It's more like the clips that hold wiring but metal. It is barbed and has a pin in the center that once you place the barbs through the hole, you press the pin in and it spreads it (remember when I got it off thinking "Where am I going to find that?"). Only one on the line and if you don't still have it. I'm sure a clip and screw will work. Was probably for minimal floor penetration so you could bolt it through the floor to clip with a small flat headed or counter sunkheaded style bolt and nut from the floor side so you it doesn't work it's way through the underlayment and carpet

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but this is exactly the clip i was trying to remove today and without luck, as I was being careful not to damage the floor.

I will have another go tomorrow, but can anyone advise me in simple terms how to remove this clip, it attaches to floor under front of driver side door. I tried twisting it but would not come undone. I did not see that clip in my CJPP order of brake/fuel line clips so wanted to reuse it if i could. thanks.

I've found the part,  Scott Drake produce it so i have a fallback option if i break it.

http://www.championmustang.com/64%C3%82%C2%BD73-mustang-fuel-line-brake-line-clip-p-3509.html?zenid=faff6614cc48f45926f7601fb8435a6c

Still, can't see how to pull it out though...
It's been a couple of years, but If I remember, you have to do it from inside. Lift the carpet back then use needle nose pliers to squeeze it. I had the same dilemma. Thanks for the link to a replacement. Mine is barely holding in there now.

I've found the part,  Scott Drake produce it so i have a fallback option if i break it.

http://www.championmustang.com/64%C3%82%C2%BD73-mustang-fuel-line-brake-line-clip-p-3509.html?zenid=faff6614cc48f45926f7601fb8435a6c

It's been a couple of years, but If I remember, you have to do it from inside. Lift the carpet back then use needle nose pliers to squeeze it. I had the same dilemma. Thanks for the link to a replacement. Mine is barely holding in there now.
Stanglover, I managed to remove it by lifting up the carpet as per your advice. But, OMG i do not like what i saw under there, metal cancer (I can't say the dreaded "R" word)  I'll update in a separate build thread, but 2-3 weeks now added to my schedule :(

Stanglover, I managed to remove it by lifting up the carpet as per your advice. But, OMG i do not like what i saw under there, metal cancer (I can't say the dreaded "R" word)  I'll update in a separate build thread, but 2-3 weeks now added to my schedule :(
 Baz70, glad you were able to get the clip out. Sorry if I inadvertently opened up that f'n big can of worms!! Unfortunately it seems a lot of people are only concerned with doing the outside of the car and just hope the unseen stuff is okay. If your floor pans look good and solid from underneath, then hopefully you only have surface rust and can be stopped and refinished. It's one step forward and two back sometimes.

All the best with it,

Geoff.

Back