new exhaust manifold

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sly_drums

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Grande / 351 Clev. 2V + Weiand XCelerator intake + Holley 600 CFM carb
I will soon order a new exhaust kit for my 72 Grande (with Flowmasters), I'd like to get new exhaust headers too ; ceramic looks good but there are so much references I'm a bit lost. My budget is $400 max.

This looks good :

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HED-88326/Application/?prefilter=1

What do you think ? Any feedback on those ? What do you guys use ?

Engine is a 351C 2V with 600 cfm four barrel Holley carb. I still have the stock headers at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the C4 :) Are there real differences between all those models ? I guess ceramic is better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually the biggest difference price wise is metal thickness and therfore warranty. Me, I'm a fan of Hooker Super Comps. They seem to fit tighter to the car but are quite expnsive espescially in ceramic coat.

Look at the Hooker Competition coated headers. They fit well and have good ground clearance. If your car came from the factory with a rear sway bar and staggered shocks (if it is a CJ car it should have these parts) none of the aftermarket style tailpipes will clear everything without serious modification/adaptation. Chuck

Latest posts

Back