winlace install?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok heres a question i havet seen posted up. how do you install the winlace thats by the door jam/rear seat area? any one got 1st hand knoledge or pics im going to be doing this soon just some insight might help rather than wing it
I did mine last year, but unfortunately did not do a write up or save pics. But, I do remember how I did it and what I used, so hopefully this will help. Originally they were installed by the factory with staples. I didn't have the stapling tool or the proper length staples or a way to crimp the staples, so what I did was use 3/32 x .032-.125 Grip aluminum pop rivet and a #41 drill bit. I started from the top and worked my way down and then trimmed off the extra. Be very careful when drilling the starter holes for the rivets so that you don't exit the interior part of the quarter panel. I hope this helps and my bad for not doing a write up.

ok heres a question i havet seen posted up. how do you install the winlace thats by the door jam/rear seat area? any one got 1st hand knoledge or pics im going to be doing this soon just some insight might help rather than wing it
You can staple them with a standard home use staple gun and staples.

The staple gun will start them, then take a pair of pliers to push them through and fold them over.

I re bent staple gun staple to the correct width, used the original holes, and closed the staples with a pair of duck billed pliers. a lot of time but, it looks very close to original. (it was an OCD day). Chuck

You can staple them with a standard home use staple gun and staples.

The staple gun will start them, then take a pair of pliers to push them through and fold them over.
Thats how I did mine.

You can also do it Don and Chuck's way, but I found that without the proper assembly line tool(s), you'll never get it as tight and secured as the original. This is not a part you want loose if you have passengers cause they will rub up against it when getting in and out of the car. I'm all for original looking, but IMHO, my way is the upgraded way and will get it as tight and secured as the original.

DJ

Back