tailpipes w/comp suspension

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Q code Mach 1
Has anyone had luck finding a 2.5" exhaust kit that fits with the comp suspension? I've seen 2.25 kits from the vendors.. My car's exhaust sucks, and I want to put headers back on with 2.5" pipes. I have 2.5" pipes now, and was wondering if the flowmaster pipes for 65-73 mustangs worked?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FLO-15807/

I tried them. It took some re-bending, cutting, and re-welding to make them fit. I don't know of a source for true bolt on 2.5 tailpipes for competition suspension. Frasier/Nolan Mustang Barn sells a 2.25 set that is supposed to be good but, I've never tried them. Chuck

Go to a muffler shop that has a mandrel bending machine and have a custom set bent for you.

It's not that expensive, maybe around $400.

2 years ago Pypes Performance Exhaust said they'de make a complete 2.5" bolt on kit for the 7173 with staggard shocks. You may want to give them a call and see if they did.

Eh, I guess I'll have a shop bend em up. I like to DIY, but the tailpipes are the road block. This is what I have now...

IMG_14641.jpg

IMG_14631.jpg

IMG_14651.jpg

Thanks guys.

I had a local exhaust shop make me up a 2.5 inch stainless steel setup with an xipe off the headers, out into a pair of dynomax ultraflows, up over the rear, and out the back. Came out very clean and was decently priced at $500

I had a local exhaust shop make me up a 2.5 inch stainless steel setup with an xipe off the headers, out into a pair of dynomax ultraflows, up over the rear, and out the back. Came out very clean and was decently priced at $500
Ok had to be said

:worthlesswithoutpics:

Back