Source for a 7x14 mag 500 painted wheel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are not mine but are the same wheels I believe,,, they ended up on alot of cars in the 70's

Ford-78-LTD-Ranchero-Magnum-Rim-Duo.jpg

and this is how I am running them now except that I have painted the brake drums flat black instead of silver

old%20rings%20on%20wheel.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a 7x14 mag 500 painted wheel not a chromed one,,, all I can find is the chromed version,,, I will refinish and repaint, but it needs to be sound with no major rust
I have 4 of them and was about to blast them before selling them. Email me what you think they are worth. They are in good condition with only surface rust in spots. The beauty rings are not so beautiful though.

I´ll chime in on this one: Does anybody know if those beauty rings are available as repros in 15 inch?

I have seen them but the hard part is finding ones deep enough,,, my rings are 2 and 15/16ths inches deep,,, most you find are just 2.5 inches and they leave a large crack between the ring and the inner wheel,,,

Fordication,, PM sent

I have seen them but the hard part is finding ones deep enough,,, my rings are 2 and 15/16ths inches deep,,, most you find are just 2.5 inches and they leave a large crack between the ring and the inner wheel,,,

Fordication,, PM sent
I've bought a few sets of trim rings for my 15 x 7 interceptor wheels. i think they are 3" deep. Go to ebay and search or try googling it.

That wheel was used on 68-69 Road Runners, GTX, etc...Dodge Chargers, Super B's etc.....and later model Mecury Cougars, Torinos, Monarchs and Granadas. The Monarchs and Granadas also used a "Mag Star" type wheel like was used on the 67 Shelby's. Instead of being a finished out wheel, the later versions were painted / w trim rings.

New wheels can be bought through Summit / Jegg's etc....made by Wheel Vintiques, I think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like a set of the chromed ones for sure,,, don't have the $$$ to justify it though,,, just need a spare painted one,,, and I should have said a 15 inch wheel earlier,, not a 1 inch,,,,, we have a 69 roadrunner that has these but they are the chromed version AND have the brushed stainless rings,, looks good

Have you found the rim yet? I have one here in North Carolina I'd be willing to part with.

I tried to send you a picture with a pm.

Back