The performance upgrade worked!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danoreilly

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach1 351C 4V
02 Deluxe Convertible
67 Fairlane GT 390
As many of you know, I overhauled my '71 Mach's 351C this past winter, putting in better pistons, shaving the deck to raise compression, better cam, etc.. I knew I had better power - but actually did something I always wanted to do the other day.

We were at a Saturday afternoon show-n-shine at a local ex-grocery store. On the way out of the parking lot, I had to get gas from a station the other side of the street, so I had to cross 3 lanes of traffic to get in the correct lane, pronto, leaving the lot. I rolled through a small bit of water on the way out, enough to just wet my tires, and thought nothing of it. When I floored it, I left tire marks for 75 feet, with a nice screech (and my pipes have just the right rumble/thunder as well). Mind you, it was inadvertent, but still VERY fun! I had never done that before.

Always wanted a car to be able to do that in...guess I built one!

Awesome man! I haven't had the pleasure yet, but hope to one day.

"Mind you, it was inadvertent"

Yeah, I "inadvertently" left my cutouts open all the way home from the Route 66 event the other weekend. That was fun too. LOL

Nothing like the smell of burning rubber and the sound of screeching tires. Especially when you're behind the wheel:D And then you look at the car beside you and shrug your shoulders and say "Sorry new engine:whistling:"

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing like the smell of burning rubber and the sound of screeching tires. Especially when you're behind the wheel:D And then you look at the car beside you and shrug your shoulders and say "Sorry new engine:whistling:"
Haha, too funny.

Back