Front clip replacement

Go Time

2126461687_Mach1Jig.jpg.7087d6efe2b16b3bcaaf80fc4908ff1a.jpg1839049749_Mach1frontclip.jpg.aae53e93cbf59ac36997929cfcdd5157.jpgHello from Indiana, I finally decided to post something. I am putting a replacement clip on the front of my Mach 1. I have owned the car since 1982 when I was a sophomore in High school. I (and my oldest brother)repainted the body then but it has structural rust I am sure you all know about. I was going to purchase and repair and fab up all of the parts I needed for the front cowl aprons etc but I found a front clip instead because the rust was extensive. This is a family project and my sons and daughter and I are going to work on. I took a couple of Pics yesterday so I decided to post a couple. I thought some of you might like to see the jig I am using. Thank you for having this forum available I have enjoyed looking at your cars and reading your posts. Reading about the projects helps keep me motivated. I know I can learn from the members post and I may have a thing or two to politely offer in the form of advice for you all as well.

Dennis

Welcome to the site. Making it a family project will make it that much more special! Keep the progress pics coming.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome to the site. There is alot of good help here on the site.

Enjoy the time with your kids.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

My hat is off to you guys that do this extensive repairs. Some of the members here just do awesome work. I like to think I am pretty good, but I know some of the guys here are just way over the top of what I am capable of.

That first pic looks all to familiar :D Prior to rebuilding mine, it was Autumn maple metallic with black trims. Have fun with the project. ::welcome::

Been there! done that! My story is a mirror image of yours. Bought my car in High School (first car) and recently completed all new metalwork after a high school restoration to get it driveable. Here are a couple of pictures to compare.

1227615960_1972mustangaftermedia1.thumb.JPG.a5386bffdbb1d5020e0bd9fda71004be.JPG

After metalwork completed and on the way home.

1597731449_Graverobbers015.jpg.215d45d4a69eb34f93f65ee1f7df4e04.jpg

Unlike you, I do not have the talent with welding and work and family take a lot of my time. I reluctently have to farm out bodywork so I can get back to the nut and bolt turning I can do.

Best wishes in your progress. Keep us posted and let us know if you have any questions. This is a GREAT group for assistance and support.

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

Welcome! I just recently completed a front clip swap as well - seems like mine was parked in a river for several years or something. Scored a 'clip of a '72, and made the swap this past May.

My advice: take your time (don't get in a hurry), measure everything at least 5 times (before AND after), and save everything until after you're done.

Good luck and post pics!

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

::welcome:: from Ont Canada....good luck with the replacement!

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

• 3 weeks later...