Hello from North Louisiana

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

71lagstang

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Sportsroof, 351C-4V, 4-speed
IMG_3835.JPGFinally, s site for us 71-73 guys. Currently restoring my 71 Sportsroof, factory 351C-4V, 4-speed. I have owned it since 1984. It got me through 2 years of high school and college. Started tearing it down in 2001. Just got it back from paint last year. Now comes the reassembly.

Hey 72lagstang - Welcome. Great job on the paint. I"m drooling at your car on the verge of reassembly. We're still headed in the other direction with our 72. I hope to have a pic like yours sometime in the spring. Thanks for sharing.

Mark

Good luck with your reassembly. Going through it now my self. Always one surprise after another. But when something does actually fit right or just go together it all seems worth it. Again Good luck.

Looks like your making great progress; I like the color. I had a 70 Sportsroof that was about the same color. Keep the pics coming!

WELCOME aboard!

I believe we have a GREAT group of folks here who routinely interact with each other in a respectful and very helpful manner. We have restorers, modifyers, racers and everything in between - - You have found a home!

Again, Welcome!!

BT

Welcome to the site. Looks like a fun project you've got going there. Can't wait to see the pictures as it comes along.

Looks like a great project! Keep those pics coming!

::welcome::

Welcome to the club! Post some more pics as you start reassembling things. What are your plans for the motor?

Doc
Would like to stroke out to 408, but I have been advised to go 393 for reliability. I have to agree due to the ratio of stroke to rod length, 408 is at the limit. Would like to go with a Mass Flo EFI, but it won't fit under the ram air air cleaner. So, looks like I am going with a FAST EFI throttle body type.

I do have the diff assembled, 3.25:1 with a Motorsports trac loc. Went with the SSBC rear disc brake kit. Still have to cut the stainless lines and make the connections.

Louis

Sounds like a nice match for your motor. I'm gathering parts for my rebuild - when do you plan to start your rebuild project?

Doc
Looking for an engine bulder now. I found Mark McKeown (MMERACING.com) up in Maryland and he knows Clevelands from all the stuff I have read about him and his responses on the 351C forum. You are aware new 351C blocks are being cast in cast iron and aluminum?

Any way, he is a bit far away from me, but I may have him grind my cam. I found another Cleveland guy in Arkansas, 3 hrs away, that is also good with Clevelands.

Still looking to see if I can find someone closer. May start the rebuild by the end of the year. Currently installing a painless wiring harness, I am not putting 40 year old wires back in it. Need to decide on upper control arms and order the springs to get the suspension back under it. Would like to get it running early next year, not completed, but running.

How is your project coming along?

No, I hadn't heard about the cast iron/aluminum blocks. Interesting.

I just replaced everything in the front suspension - upper and lower arms, coil springs, idler arm, bushings, everything but the sway bar. Still debating on increasing to a 1 1/8" or just keep it stock. I posted pics in the suspension forum if you're interested, and I'm very happy with the parts I got.

I decided to let the kids in the local high school auto shop do the rear suspension overhaul, but they've gotten bogged down in another project. They assure me that I'll be in any day, but for now I'm cooling my heels and shopping for motor/tranny parts. That will be my winter project. I plan to do as much as I can myself as far as assembly and buildup.

The new harness is a great idea - I better get on that right now.

Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back