71 Boss Bridgewater, NJ

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed the Marti in the E-bay ad shows the rear deck spoiler as an ordered add on. hmmmm
My marti report says the same thing...rear deck spoiler ..dont think all mach 1's got them...some people added them later.

Hello!

Anyone here who have seen this car or know anything about it?

I did se the for sale-add at cars-on-line first, but now it`s listed on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-FORD-MUSTANG-BOSS-351-/150671184027?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2314b3d09b#v4-41

http://www.cars-on-line.com/47834.html

Looks clean on the pictures, but missing original carb and alternator.
Ya..Thats pretty typical missing carb and alternator....The 4300d is a spendy carb cause alot of people threw them away for a replacement holley...i got mine in a box under my computer desk..lol...there good carbs thou..pony carbs make some good replacements....You will never find the original matching carb...Ford serial matched them too the cars..Unlike chevy...you can find a boss carb..but wont ever be totaly original..and the boss carb sells for about 3500 bucks or more...eeeeek..lol<~~atleast last time i looked..lol

but that is a pretty car..defenatly find some one close to check it out for you

I noticed the Marti in the E-bay ad shows the rear deck spoiler as an ordered add on. hmmmm
My marti report says the same thing...rear deck spoiler ..dont think all mach 1's got them...some people added them later.

Ya..Thats pretty typical missing carb and alternator....The 4300d is a spendy carb cause alot of people threw them away for a replacement holley...i got mine in a box under my computer desk..lol...there good carbs thou..pony carbs make some good replacements....You will never find the original matching carb...Ford serial matched them too the cars..Unlike chevy...you can find a boss carb..but wont ever be totaly original..and the boss carb sells for about 3500 bucks or more...eeeeek..lol<~~atleast last time i looked..lol

but that is a pretty car..defenatly find some one close to check it out for you

I think also the rear deck spoiler was a option, seen many without. Not sure if it was standard on Boss, seen some with and some without.

So i have been told, very expensive, if you even find one. I have emailed the owner, and he sent me a couple of more pics, but it will still not be the same as having it inspected. As i am in the market for a 71/72 Mach1 M-code, i found this one interesting. Looks like 71 /72 Mach 1`s in the condition im looking for is selling for good prices, this being a Boss doesnt help on the price:whistling:

To pay big money for a Boss, i think its very important that all the codes and parts are #matching.

Maybe someone from his area reads this post and takes a look at it:D

TK

Good looking restored Boss 351! IMHO It's not the best restoration job cause I'm pretty sure the restorer added 71-72 bumper guards typically found on grandes and 73 rear taillights.

Edit: My bad! Marti does say "Front and Rear Bumper Guards" LOL! Time for bifocals :) Just goes to show that you can order any ole crazy thing and make it your own LOL!

Hello!

Anyone here who have seen this car or know anything about it?

I did se the for sale-add at cars-on-line first, but now it`s listed on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-FORD-MUSTANG-BOSS-351-/150671184027?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2314b3d09b#v4-41

http://www.cars-on-line.com/47834.html

Looks clean on the pictures, but missing original carb and alternator.

Torgeir

Norway
Torgeir,

Depending where in New jersey the car is.. I might be able to inspect the car for you. I'm more than qualified to do an inspection (licensed motor vehicle physical damage appraiser, I-car certified & over 25 years in the auto body business ) Check out my site www.saturdaymorninggarage.com Just so you know I bet he's looking for around 50-60 large for that car since the starting bid is 40 with a reserve. On the other hand I would be surprised if it sells for that on ebay given the current market right now. If your interested shoot me a P.M.

Scott

Sent you a P.M
I responded T...Checked the auction & just as I predicted..NO BIDS ! Ebay isn't the place to sell a car like that 95 percent of the wining bidders never follow though on cars sales. Especially now given the economy. Sucks if your seller..Thats why as I've stated numerous times on the forums when I hear OH it sold on ebay for ..It means nothing without ACTUAL confirmation that in fact the deal did take place.

Back