Valve Covers & PCV

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roger1197

Reaction score
My Car
2006 FORD GT
2011 FORD GT500
2011 FORD RAPTOR
1972 MACH 1 Q CODE
2013 GT500
Any advice appreciated...........

I'm working through a list over the winter, got all in hand except the seemingly simplest for a little dress up.......... Valve covers!!!

I wanted to use these........

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11692

but keep the PCV system?

Not much info from the Ford web site as regards using these although it says stock replacement, but nothing on baffles, oil fill cap and PCV

Any info welcome

Thanks

As you can see in the picture, The PVC hole is there. you may need to take it out because racing systems don't always use the original system if at all. You may need to get the gromlets though.

A similar set I bought several years ago had baffles either side of the hole. You will need to get the rubber grommet to plug the pcv valve into. Chuck

Any advice appreciated...........

I'm working through a list over the winter, got all in hand except the seemingly simplest for a little dress up.......... Valve covers!!!

I wanted to use these........

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11692

but keep the PCV system?

Not much info from the Ford web site as regards using these although it says stock replacement, but nothing on baffles, oil fill cap and PCV

Any info welcome

Thanks
We did something like this and it was plug and play, ad mentions it comes with grommets. You will need to re-route your spark plug wires, as in the second picture.

mike

HPIM2834.JPG

009.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
For whatever it's worth, they were on mine when I bought it and I kept them on....However all the blue tubing has been replaced because they collapsed....here's two pics I had on hand....sorry I can't tell you anything more about them other than I like them because I'm a retired medical guy and mechanically stupid lol

100_0905.jpg

100_0904.jpg

Its all down to what grommets come with and what you are trying to accomplish.

Save0031.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone, appreciated.

:)

Back