Air compressor Water Seperator

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code 4 speed
1973 Chevelle 454 SS
2005 Magnum RT
2008 Colorado
I've tried 2 different water seperators on my compressor and they s$$k. Been running it about 4 hours a day with 1/2 hour breaks each hour of run time and I'm still seeing moisture at the connection fittings. Drain the tank each day before beginning.

Need a tried and true recommendation.

I've tried 2 different water seperators on my compressor and they s$$k. Been running it about 4 hours a day with 1/2 hour breaks each hour of run time and I'm still seeing moisture at the connection fittings. Drain the tank each day before beginning.

Need a tried and true recommendation.
The only way to get rid of all the moisture is to run it through a dryer. For one build prob would not be worth the expense, unless you are planning on painting it yourself.

Just Google air compressor dryer

Also check out this link on proper air line set up

DESIGNING A PROPER AIR LINE SYSTEM FOR YOUR SHOP

www.ch601.org/.../DESIGNING%20SHOP%20AIR%20SYSTEM.pd..

Whenever I start painting I need to use one of these. It gets rid of all the moisture even down here in FL. Filters are cheap as a roll of toilet paper. Not what I'd consider long term use as the filter will get moldy if you leave it too long. I think I paid $95 for it. Very well made.

FilterDryer002.jpg

FilterDryer007.jpg

Back