Hello from the UK

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UKsilverMach1

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1 302ci with 3 speed manual. Light pewter metalic with a red and black interior.
First got into muscle cars when my father took me to pictures in '68. No guessing what film it was and what hilly City it was set in :)

In my early fifties, I've been into muscle cars ever since, not even exotics could make me stray. Cars need presence and character and muscle cars certainly have that, along with affordable power.

My first sighting of a '71 was in 71, there was also a '71 lime green Boss351 in my town that I would regularly walk miles just to look at. Moving on I first owned a Mustang in 1980 - a 71 302 C4 with white paint and blue interior. Since then I've owned a whole catalogue of Mustangs along with a Trans Am and a couple of vettes.

Recently I've had the urge to get another 71-73 mustang before they get out of reach, price wise and came across a '72 Mach1 with 302 2V and 3 speed manual that was sat in an outhouse for the last 32 years. The car is light pewter metallic with black carpet and dash, with red seats door panels and rear interior.

Who ever stored it away had the foresight to coat the underneath in an oily substance and by chance it has sat in an enviroment that has been kind to the car, consquently the car has no rust although it could do with a back panel. The doors all open and clunk like new. The engine is seized along with the brakes but these are more affordable replacements than panels, so I consider myself lucky.

The Mustang has covered a mere 57,000 miles, I have old road tests and tax discs to confirm. I have taken the mustang straight to a garage where the first job they will undertake is to strip the front end and engine, rebuild the engine, blast the frame and paint the engine bay. Reinstall the engine, detail the engine bay and get the car roadworthy, leaving other jobs like a repaint till later.

This way I will only have the car off the road for short spells at a time. In the meantime I hope to drain you all of any knowledge of these beautiful beasts so we can save another one for the future.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by a moderator:
031.jpg

018.jpg

020.jpg

019.jpg

Hi Don, great coral you have there!!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh wow! one of my fav color combo. Interesting strip on passenger side of the car. I like it! Congrats! What does that sticker say on the top of the windshield? Appears to be some kinda Mustang club. ::welcome::

Welcome to the site from Virginia! Thanks for brief history of you and muscle cars; it was interesting to read.

Looks like you found a great Mach 1. I agree that the body is more important than the mechanics. Sounds like you have a good plan to fix and little at a time and keep driving it.

Welcome. I spent about five years stationed there with my 73.

Welcome from washington state too ;) And thats defenatly a british style stripe on your mach..nice car and a survivor!! specialy with how rainy it is over there..and the humidity....What part of uk you from? My family all morgans...We are Welsh...My ex lives in london...They charge any extra taxes on that car? For size of motor and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back