Hello from the UK

UKsilverMach1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

031.jpg

Something about the combo of a standard bonnet and dog dish hubcaps on these cars really appeals to me.

Just curious, is that another badge below the Mustang/Mach 1 decal?

Same here, dog dishes are awesome and especially with color matching rims. Add the Wheel Vintique deep dish repop and I'm out buying a new laptop.

img007.thumb.jpg.2c8c2daf4a0eeb444b57d69d6e5586f0.jpgWelcome, and thanks for the memories! My first car was a '72 Mach 1, 351-2V pewter with dog dish hubcaps. It did have the scooped hood (non functional) and the rear spoiler. I miss that car. It started me on a long road... Currently own a '73 convertible.

I also lived in the UK for several years in my high school days in Sunninghill, Berks.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the Forum,

Spent many years growing up in,...and then stationed in "Blighty". The Wife and I call Caister-on-Sea home, but we have lived in Florida since 02. One day hopefully we will make it back to the land of good beer!

Hi, I live on the edge of London and by the river Thames.

Any vehicle on or before 1973 is entitled to free road tax in the UK.

awww was wondering about that...My ex didnt know..She was kinda throwing a fit that if i had to move to england i wanted my car to go with me...She said cause of the size of motor it would be very spendy too keep it on the road there..lol...I guess they charge extra taxes for the bigger motor...But like you say..I guess it matters how old your car is and such...lol...I told her thou...I wont leave my car..hehe...Not my mach 1! Ever..lol

Sounds like a few of you have sampled "good old blighty" - some nice areas too! Glad you had good times and memories.

Love the centre cap and rims, myself. When I had my first 71, it had the same set up and I got rid in favour of aftermarket wheels. It wasn't until later years that they started to grow on me. Maybe it was watching re-runs of 'Diamonds are forever' that did it. They look good with the thin white walls.

The rims are a bit scratched up, can these be bought from anywhere?

Any vehicle on or before 1973 is entitled to free road tax in the UK.

That stinks. When I was there it was 72 and older vehicles. I was peeved that I still had to pay with my 73.

Mike

Black 1985 GT

Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1

Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's

Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390ci, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

• 2 weeks later...