Fan Shroud

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 H code Mach 1
Fan shroud has gotten pretty dull and nasty looking, i want to repaint, and was wondering if anyone has done this and what type of paint was used to get it to stick to the slick plastic. I have been looking and have seen Krylon Fusion ( for plastic ) but never used before any ideas? Thanks for any help Robert

SEM brand satin black paint using some Bulldog adhesion promoter will do it justice. .

I've used the Krylon Fusion on all kinds of plastic. I think it bonds good to plastic and looks great. You need to follow the instructions and clean the part with rubbing alcohol first and I think you'll be extremely satisfied with the results.

I need to do something with it dull and faded and i have new decals coming in this weekend for shroud and air cleaner. Do not really want to put new decal on nasty fan shroud Thanks for the info on Krylon.

That sound like a cool product Roy.
I used quiet a bit of it on my stuff, laid down very nice, and was the correct satin I was looking for and available at orieleys.
I will have to get some and try it out, I was looking through my rattle cans today and noticed i have a can of Dupli-Color Adhesion Promoter ( can't remember when i got that ) along with a couple cans of semi-gloss and low gloss black

Back