71 Mach 1 rear quarter ash tray - substitutes?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spechti

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 (under restoration), 1973 Lincoln Mark IV (show boat)
Hi,

my 71 Mach 1 is missing the right rear quarter panel ash tray assy. Searchng for quite a time. From time to time one comes up on ebay, but they are rare. Particularly in acceptable condition

Was the 71-73 ash tray unique to the Mustang/Mach 1 or was there an identical item used on other Fords/Mercs and/or other years?

Michael

I was having the same problem, so I took a gamble on one I saw on ebay. The description of the ash tray I bought was "1968 Mustang Cougar FoMoCo Console Ash Tray". You can see from the pictures it the same exact size as the old ash tray taken out of my rear quarter panel. I did some quick searching and found another one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-1968-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-Cougar-original-console-ash-tray-assembly-/320786439460?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4ab05c9d24#ht_1052wt_1163

I hope this helps.

-Scott

358coes.jpg

20ztx69.jpg

Hi,

my 71 Mach 1 is missing the right rear quarter panel ash tray assy. Searchng for quite a time. From time to time one comes up on ebay, but they are rare. Particularly in acceptable condition

Was the 71-73 ash tray unique to the Mustang/Mach 1 or was there an identical item used on other Fords/Mercs and/or other years?

Michael
See if Don at Ohio Mustang has one. He is a vendor on this site.

mike

Hi Spechti.

Lemme check, I might have an original one to spare. I gotta look in my spare parts.

I´ll keep you posted.

Back