right parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
I'm learning to stay away from Auto Zone, Pepboys, and Advanced Auto Parts. Best line from a counter person was, " what kind of car is a ---- Much One and who makes it. Or that car is 38 years old, do you really think we have parts for that car. Gone back to the old fat guy who sits in a broken chair and asks me " what do you need sonny"? After I tell him what I'm working on he jumps up like a kid after candy and said "NOW WERE TALKING A REAL CAR." It may cost me more up front but I get what I want 1st time and save on gas taking wrong parts back.

I'm 58 and he can call me sonny all day. I'm trying to get a discount from him but no luck yet. Maybe if I let him drive it when I'm done LOL:D

I went to our local Ford dealer and asked if they had the(hinge) bolts that attach the front seat back to the bottom part. I had one in my hand and gave it to them. There response after the deer in the headlights look was "this is a bed bolt for a pick up". Explained what it was and where it went, you would have thought I had asked for a Toyota part.

After telling them "heaven forbid I come to a Ford dealer for help with a Ford".They were like we dont even have a book that shows it. Needless to say back to the internet and mostly Ohio Mustang.

O.M.G, horrible auto store memories coming out the the time fog.

I asked for a set of points for the ford distributor, guy takes me to the tools section and tries to make be buy a set of punches.

so many experiences taught me in my neck of the woods there are no decent auto stores they are all beyond awful.

I'm learning to stay away from Auto Zone, Pepboys, and Advanced Auto Parts. Best line from a counter person was, " what kind of car is a ---- Much One and who makes it. Or that car is 38 years old, do you really think we have parts for that car. Gone back to the old fat guy who sits in a broken chair and asks me " what do you need sonny"? After I tell him what I'm working on he jumps up like a kid after candy and said "NOW WERE TALKING A REAL CAR." It may cost me more up front but I get what I want 1st time and save on gas taking wrong parts back.

I'm 58 and he can call me sonny all day. I'm trying to get a discount from him but no luck yet. Maybe if I let him drive it when I'm done LOL:D
I'm 50 and he sounds like a pretty decent guy. I think the ride might be tempting, but if the offer were letting him drive it once, 20% off might seem reasonable. :p

Doc

lol, my extra set of keys still has the tag from the transmission shop.... 1973 March 1 :rolleyes:

No doubt...I prefer to give my business to the dedicated Mustang vendors because they do a lot to keep the right parts on the shelf and in turn that tells the manufactures that there is a demand for these parts.

If you want a real kicker, go into any of them, except Napa, and ask for a Flame Trap kit for a Volvo. They searched for a good 20 minutes before I got the "Ive never heard of that part".

So you know, its basically like a pcv

Back