Koni shocks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sly_drums

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Grande / 351 Clev. 2V + Weiand XCelerator intake + Holley 600 CFM carb
I want to order KONI shocks for my 72 Grande, rear and front, but can't find the right references. It seems that they no longer exist for 71-73 Stangs :(

Any idea ? Which KONIs do you guys use ?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Koni reds for street, some autocross. If more serious, yellows or double adjustables.

I have a set of reds for my '73 CJ Mach I. Recently got a set for a '65 convertible I'm building.

Bought the most recent ones thru tirerack.com. They had a great price and even got them on sale.

It seems the rears are still available but not the front (Koni north america site). I would avoid using two different kinds of shock if possible. You might consider Edelbrock or KYB shocks. Chuck

It seems the rears are still available but not the front (Koni north america site). I would avoid using two different kinds of shock if possible. You might consider Edelbrock or KYB shocks. Chuck
I have a old set of the red/orange ones on my 72 Mach1. They are good for the track and autocrosses and okay for the street. The only downside is they are very expensive and the 71-73 fronts are obsolete.

I want to order KONI shocks for my 72 Grande, rear and front, but can't find the right references. It seems that they no longer exist for 71-73 Stangs :(

Any idea ? Which KONIs do you guys use ?

Thanks a lot.
If you want to burn some Tall dollars go with Bilstein.

I am not a professional driver so probably could not tell

the difference between Bilstein and KYB which is what I use

on my '71 M-code Grande with toploader and competition

suspension package. The KYBs work great and are not that

expensive.

mike

mike

I just ordered Konis rear shocks but despairing to find the front ones :(

Which adjustable shock would you use in the front to replace Koni ??

Just to say I finally ordered 65 to 70 Mustang Koni's with the matching shock tower caps and just mounted them, works great :)

Just to say I finally ordered 65 to 70 Mustang Koni's with the matching shock tower caps and just mounted them, works great :)

Great decision. I've had the same Koni's on my car since '73. I have tried several other brands during the years on other cars that I could not find Koni's for. They are bit of a hassle to adjust (you have to remove them), but they are worth the hassle and the price. All shocks seem to work well at first, then decline shortly thereafter and are never as first installed. Koni's stay like new forever it seems.

Just an fyi for other readers...I am running the KYB's and am less then impressed with them. In all fairness, I am lowered quite a bit, so that always skews things. But, they float too much in heavy cornering, for my taste anyway.

I will be swapping over to the Koni's this winter, as I have a few friends that have them on their 71-73's and they handle well.

What

P/N's did you end up ordering?

Back