power steering pressure hose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikepasquale1

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Mach 1
I jist realized that noone reproduces the Z shaped steel line that attaches to the back of the power steering pump. Anyone know what i should do about this? Its always something.

21a884.jpg

11t8v1f.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I jist realized that noone reproduces the Z shaped steel line that attaches to the back of the power steering pump. Anyone know what i should do about this? Its always something.
I just replaced mine this year.. rockauto has them, I got one from a local store.

I looked at rockauto. it seems that its just the line that pushes into the rubber hose. thats not it.

Ill add pictures.

I just replaced mine this year.. rockauto has them, I got one from a local store.

You might be able to use a steel brake line and bend it up yourself. I don't know the pressure comparison between the power steering and brakes.

If it comes down to that thats what ill have to do. I never bent or flared lines liek that before.

Keep in mind that power steering line is way bigger than brake lines

The only one I have at this time is on a running 72 Q code convertible.

Don't want to disable / start parting it out for a couple of weeks until stuff is moved for winter storage.

Don

Back