What to do with Old Engine

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 M-code Grande
Now that Don's rebuilt Cleveland is in the car and going through the break in phase, what to do with the old engine. The block is useless, cracked, which is what spawned the hunt for a new engine. Two of the pistons are oversized, so that set is useless. Nobody would buy a used crank or cam. So that leaves the heads. Figured I could get something for the pair, both D3ZE AA in good shape. Don said since they are D3's they could be worth something or nothing. In late '73 they changed the valve size, how many members know that?

mike

I'd try posting all the parts on Craig's List and see what happens. The late 73 and all 74 (Torino, Mercury) 4V engines got the 2V sized valves. Chuck

I'd try posting all the parts on Craig's List and see what happens. The late 73 and all 74 (Torino, Mercury) 4V engines got the 2V sized valves. Chuck
The heads are currently in my trunk. My mechanic tells me once the break in process is complete and I get to stomp on it I will need some ballast to help keep the rear tires on the ground.

mike

Now that Don's rebuilt Cleveland is in the car and going through the break in phase, what to do with the old engine. The block is useless, cracked, which is what spawned the hunt for a new engine. Two of the pistons are oversized, so that set is useless. Nobody would buy a used crank or cam. So that leaves the heads. Figured I could get something for the pair, both D3ZE AA in good shape. Don said since they are D3's they could be worth something or nothing. In late '73 they changed the valve size, how many members know that?

mike
Always thought this re-purposing project was cool.

blocktable.jpeg

mike
Always thought this re-purposing project was cool.
Very Nice. I like that.

mike

Wheel Chock?

inej4h.jpg

Boat anchor?

2hn2cl4.jpg

Plenty of original ideas! :) I´d go with the coffee table if the lady is Ok to let you bring the car junk into your home :p
The best thing about my table is that the lady had me make it after I showed her a pic of one. It´s been in our living room ever since.

By the way, all our visitors like it and it aways is a subject that will be talked about.

Plenty of original ideas! :) I´d go with the coffee table if the lady is Ok to let you bring the car junk into your home :p
The best thing about my table is that the lady had me make it after I showed her a pic of one. It´s been in our living room ever since.

By the way, all our visitors like it and it aways is a subject that will be talked about.
That only teaches us how good did you pick your lady my friend! :p Besides that FACT, your coffee table looks fantastic ;) I can say it is a piece of art

Don't toss that crank and rods yet, I just blew my 351 C gotta get it out and see what came loose.
Don, I have 8 - 10 clevelands here plus cranks rods, let me know what you need

Don Ohio

Back