young guy from maine 73 mach

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

73nancy

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1 mustang
1968 ford f100
1971 honda cb750
hey guys joined the forum awhile back but with graduating college i havent had much time for my car or the forum. a little bit about myself my name is ryan im from maine im 22 and i own a 73 mach1 that was my very first car. i bought the car without knowing anything about old cars it was not running and needed a full restoration. i was enrolled in my automotive program at my high school at the time and this car was what really pulled me into the car world. i started by trying to get it running but we determined it needed a engine rebuild. so we pulled it and spent the whole school year in my engine class rebuilding it with my great teacher who owned a engine shop. later that year i torn into the car removing the fenders and interior and removed the paint and cleaning the engine bay. that summer i bought tons of parts for my rebuild some still arent on the car and stated to fix some of the rust. since i have been in college for 4 years the car hasnt seen much work but that soon to change. i have realized in my younger youth i did some things that i shouldnt have by riping apart the car without knowing what i was doing i ruined some moldings lost some bolts and didnt label some stuff. but i feel it made me learn some stuff and has brought me to where iam now.

so lets jump ahead i went to college at mcpherson college in ks for automotive restoration i now work at a top notch restoration shop in my home town working on pre war cars mainly packards and duesenbergs. my whole life changed when i bought my mustang as is the reason iam where iam today. now that i have settled down a bit from school and have some more money im going to get started on my car again. besides my mustang i own a 68 f100 that i bought in ks that i drive in the summers, a 71 honda cb750 cafe that i built, 76 cb750 thats going to be my daily rider. i convinced my dad to buy a 67 galaxie that i found in ks.

ok so now for a little bit about my car. its a 1973 mustang mach1 with a 351c 2v with a c6 and a 9inch. its options include powersteering, fold down rear seat, center console, triple gauge package, tach, deluxe interior, rear spoiler, nasa hood with hold downs.

i was so pumped when i found this forum and the following is great. hope my post isnt to long. hope i can help some people along the way and get some help myself as well as the needed motivation

helterskelterbikeshow010.jpg

truckf-100002.jpg

hushgalamegala005.jpg

thestang.jpg

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard

::welcome::!

Welcome aboard, Ryan!

It is always GREAT to see younger folks joining the Site and sharing their stories of how they became involved with our classic Mustangs.

I am sure you will bring a lot "to the table" and I look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

Again, Welcome!

BT

Welcome Ryan!!! Badass rides you got there! I'm also working on a CB750 but mine is a DOHC. I want the end results to look like yours. Always wanted to build a cafe. Good job bro!!!

2vbs96u.jpg

thanks guys it gives me some motivation to really get going on the stang. i need to kick the other projects back a bit and get my stang done. this weekend did some cleaning of our barn so i can have enough room to work on it which i have never had. today i also spent the money on my marti report since my door tag was painted over and i only can read half of it.

Hi Ryan & welcome. Another interesting thing to look for is the body buck tag. On a 73, look behind the driver's headlight. If there it will be screwed to the radiator support. It'll tell you many of the options your car came with.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back