Mach1 sport lamps sockets available from NAPA!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
A while ago, I posted a thread asking about the sport lamps and how they were wired and I was looking for sockets that fit those lamps.

Well I have found them. Although someone provided a link in that thread that had them for sale, it is actually much easier than that. Believe it or not, you can actually simply buy them at your local NAPA store.

Here´s a pic of the part with the NAPA item number on the box. I installed them and they fit like a glove. (Haven't wired them yet though).

IMG_1414.JPG

Thanks for this post. I have been looking for one of those.

A while ago, I posted a thread asking about the sport lamps and how they were wired and I was looking for sockets that fit those lamps.

Well I have found them. Although someone provided a link in that thread that had them for sale, it is actually much easier than that. Believe it or not, you can actually simply buy them at your local NAPA store.

Here´s a pic of the part with the NAPA item number on the box. I installed them and they fit like a glove. (Haven't wired them yet though).
I'm glad you found them. Chuck

Hmmm...that's what was on one of the sportslamp, but the other (OEM) is a bit different: only two leads, and a deeper socket.

The customer wanted the spliced one replaced; I found it to be mis-wired, but wondered whether it fit into the housing or not. Sounds like it does! If so, I fixed the wiring already.

Thanks, guys!

Wow! I just bought 14 of these earlier this summer from NAPA; I must have cleared out their inventory. The MAC auto parts version is still available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back