Sad Day

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Mac

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sportsroof
Yesterday was a sad day for me as I had to watch the '71 go on to its new home over in Manchester. There was no way we could support restoring two classic cars and we certainly don't have the garage space so the Mustang was picked up by its new owners yesterday, Now we can devote all of our time and money to the Firebird after, as Jake said, we 'disinfect the garage and relieve it of all of its Ford cooties.' Little turd.

Good luck Fausto and Maggie.

photo.jpg

Sad today Mac but if it was the way to do it then fine!... Cheer up to end the best firebird in the world and stay alert to your next 71 to 73 stang that it is from now on, on your way ;)

PLEASE STAY WITH US IN HERE... that´s what i must ask you my friend!

I kinda doubt I'll go anywhere, Damián! I still have a head full of knowledge that someone might need/want in the future, plus, you guys and gals are pretty good people and you love the best car ever made!

Mac

I kinda doubt I'll go anywhere, Damián! I still have a head full of knowledge that someone might need/want in the future, plus, you guys and gals are pretty good people and you love the best car ever made!

Mac
That is the hole deal, with or without a car, the clue is to sit behind your monitor and spend a great time sharing, learning and helping this fantastic crue we have built!...

The knowledge you have is what guys like me need to keep doing thing the best we can and finally, save and enjoy another of this best car ever made :)

What model Firebird are you working on? I found a 68 Conv in a barn a couple a years ago that has been sitting there since 1979. I have started on it but can't seem to get interested in it. I always wanted to find a car in a barn I just wished it was a Mustang.

Firebird 002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1976 Firebird we bought for $1150 (including towing for better than 50 miles). It was cheap because of a severe fuel leak that was merely a $4 accelerator pump diaphragm.

DSCN1549.jpg

DSCN1546.jpg

DSCN1553.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Stick around if it is not torture. Reference the cooties; I'm not sure how the Chevy and Pontiac cooties will get along. It does have a Chevy engine doesn't it?

Chuck

Be sure not to get the firing order/cylinder placement mixed up. You've got a ton of FORD knowledge we would appreciate tapping on. BTW, I give it a year before we see the new car pics :p

Yesterday was a sad day for me as I had to watch the '71 go on to its new home over in Manchester. There was no way we could support restoring two classic cars and we certainly don't have the garage space so the Mustang was picked up by its new owners yesterday, Now we can devote all of our time and money to the Firebird after, as Jake said, we 'disinfect the garage and relieve it of all of its Ford cooties.' Little turd.
Kinda late, but "WHAT GOT INTO THAT BOY??" :-/

On the other hand "Roll Tide!!", and Geaux Tigers if you saw the other thread :D

Back