• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Window louvers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1
Hi Guys, Does anyone have the fastback rear window louvers that they dont need anymore, and want to sell them? Im even willing to buy them new aftermarket. Has anyone found where you can buy these aftermarket,and give me your opinion of them.

Thanks,,,,Dave

Hey Dave,

I recently installed the Astra Hammond 2 piece aluminum louvers and am very pleased with it. Only complaint is that the "offset" holes that join the two pieces together actually pulled them apart and so I'm left with about an 1/8" gap. I painted the exposed alloy color black so not noticable and it doesn't bother me. No rattles and easy to install. I can see through the rearview mirror with no problems. Clears the trunk when open. Overall, very happy with it and love the new look. I got mine from CJ Pony's.

2nq47yh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought about putting louvers on mine but dropped it after a while. i love the louvers on a 69-70 mustang though.

abudi

I feel love/hate about this louvers in every fastback actually... I like thing to look clean by definition so anything that add complications to the sexy lines mustangs has is negative in my asthetics opinion... However, as this 72 sportsroof if the first fastback i even have sat on (remember in Uruguay there are no mustangs!) i must accept that even if you end up loosing the poor view through the back windshield, stoping a little sun is almost a must...

The other day I went to the supermarket in my car and after a half an hour under the sun, the mustang was like a sauna!...Couldn´t believe how much hot it was in there.... Now i understand the louver thing...

Anyway... go for it man!! it will help youin the summer :p

I like these louvers...I wouldn't mind having a set on the mach 1!

The other day I went to the supermarket in my car and after a half an hour under the sun, the mustang was like a sauna!...Couldn´t believe how much hot it was in there.... Now i understand the louver thing...

Anyway... go for it man!! it will help youin the summer :p
I never really cared for louvers either, but when I drove this car in the 80's I remembered it being like a sauna and so I had all the windows , but the front windshield, tinted with 5% limo hoping it would help with the heat. It did help a lottt, but it was dangerous and talk about having "blind spots" :-/ The tint was so dark that even during the day it was almost impossible to see out the rear window. I didn't want that again, so I opt to have this car stay with clear and clean windows. Well, the heat was back again and not to mention my high end Boston speakers were directly exposed to the sun and so something had to be done. My buddy's '70 has louvers and he swore by them, so I was sold. This was the solution to my heat and direct sunlight to my speakers. It works great and I can still see out of my rear window.

Thanks guys, I am definately going to get a set, By the way, What an absolutely beautiful Mustang you have FasTnNefariouS !!
Thanks CobraJet99! The cars been sleeping for over 20yrs and I finally got it roadworthy just last year. I'm having more fun with it than I did back in the 80's. Thanks again and good to hear youre getting a set. Enjoy!

DJ

I have a set you can have for 150. I'm on Long island, NY.

Dave, turns out my best freind in PA with a 73 has been looking for them for awhile. I saw him last week b4 thanksgiving and found out. Sorry man. Best buds come first.

You are sooo right, Mike,, I guess I lost that set, So if I cant find any used, I guess that I will have to bite the bullet, and go for new.

Dave
Dave,

Go with New louvers. That way you'll get fresh mounts and hardware and it won't cost that much more if you wait for one of CJ's sales that includes free shipping.

Here are couple of 1970's era cars that came with optional factory window louvers that I wouldn't mind having. They are dubbed "Japanese Mustangs" :D

1971 240zx

2dsqqa8.jpg

1973 Celica GT

21dev75.jpg

Back