3D Computer Rendering

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2011 Mustang GT
I'm looking into a career change into the graphics field in some capacity, and I figured what better way to play around and see what it's all about then to make a 3D CAD rendering of what my coupe will eventually be. Here's what I've got so far...it's only the hood, but it took me what felt like forever to figure out all the stuff the program was capable of. More to come as I have the patience and time to work on it when I'm not working on the real thing.

hood.png

Cool! Definitely keep us posted!

Wow! good luck to the new plan!

Im also love 3D arts and been studying autocad and the Illustrator..!

Obsidian! Fantastic job and yes... it could be extremely useful... I did drawings by hand of my first mustang before i started with the resto! :p Someday i have to show you those "first steps" that i had... :p

Hey... question... What´s your name man!?? :p

Name's Mike. I too have done hand sketches of previous projects and find it to be very helpful to see how something will look before you break out the die grinder and welder! I figured I'd try to enter the digital world with this one. Especially because I want to learn as much as I can about computer design before I commit myself to taking classes for it.

Fantastic Mike! I do too think the digital sketch can be an excelent tool in the XXI century so, go for it!

Being able to think in the "paper" and then start cutting is a really advantage... I´m an industrial designer and i´m 100% based on my different sofware tools to develop almost everything... Not a big 3d pro but when i need it for architecture, i manage to use it pretty well...

You´re into modification and restomods for what i can notice so even more useful you´re gonna find the 3D thing...

Keep up posted about your progress Mike!

Ok, so I've started over several times on this because there's always been either something I didn't like, or something that went horribly wrong :mad:

Anyway, here's what I've got at this point. With about 1000 more hrs.:dodgy: I'm sure I'll get the hang of this! I need to add a trunk lid, tail light panel, grille and tweak all the details and it should look like something.

Obsidian71-1.png

Getting there! Every time I think I've got the hang of Blender, I learn something new! I wouldn't be surprised if my computer crashes from all the files I have saved of this thing because everytime something looks good I save a copy in case I screw up the next part! Other than a bumper and some grille details I've got the nose pretty good at this point.

Obsidian-1.png

I knew you were into this kinda thing :) Looks great! Now you just need to do the side scoops.
The scoops will come after I figure out how to make the quarters right in the first place ;)

Ok, so I got tired of looking at the car, so I took a break and started modeling the wheels. Here's what I've got so far. I still need to tweak it a bit and figure out how to apply color to selected areas only because I want the spokes to be black. The 1st pic is what I was going for, and the 2nd one is what I came up with so far.

d42bd17f.jpg

wheel2.png

Ok, it's been too damn cold in my garage to work on the real thing the last week or so, so I've been working on the "virtual car". Here's what I've got so far, it seems like it takes FOREVER to do this stuff, but thats mostly because I'm learning while I'm doing it, which means stopping to read or watch tutorials everytime I get stuck on something. I did the wheel over, made a BFG g-force tire, and added glass, front bumper, and valance to the car, as well as some smoothing on the doors & quarters. It's getting there...slowly, but surely, just like the real thing ;)

FooseNitrous.png

BFGKDW.png

Obsidian-2.png

Back